Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

ABS & ParkingBrake light problem????

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010 | 01:29 PM
Beginning Member
Peel01 is on a distinguished road
Default Finally beat the abs and brake light issue

After going through every abs and brake light thread on this site and others, I finally won. To make a long story short my intermitten abs and brake light issues was cause by a corroded positive battery cable. After replacing the positive cable the lights have not come again. All lights do the normal functional check on startup. I was 2 seconds from sending in my abs mod. which turns out would have been a $200 waste for a $9 repair.

Old 03-03-2010 | 08:23 PM
Beginning Member
hemivette is on a distinguished road

I was having that same problem, along with others, like quiting running. But those lights were popping on and off too, and I just put a new ignition switch in, and it solved all the problems I was having. Don't know if this is your problem, but it was only $85, and other than a few special tools, it was fairly simple. About an hour and a half. Now it runs perfect!

Old 03-04-2010 | 07:55 AM
mj3boyd is on a distinguished road

On my 2001 the Brake/ABS light won't come at start up only later when I brake hard or at all. Later it will go out and still later come back on. Also my check engine light came on for several weeks. I ran the code which warned of a secondary air malfunction. I ignored it and now its out. Should I continue to ignore the brake/abs light?

Old 03-05-2010 | 05:27 PM
Starting Member
ExplicitYourSelf is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by hemivette
I was having that same problem, along with others, like quiting running. But those lights were popping on and off too, and I just put a new ignition switch in, and it solved all the problems I was having. Don't know if this is your problem, but it was only $85, and other than a few special tools, it was fairly simple. About an hour and a half. Now it runs perfect!

Hmm... ignition switch?? Are you refering to the one where the key goes?? If so, How is that relted to the park break light and ABS problom that we all are having

Old 03-06-2010 | 12:10 PM
Starting Member

I got my ABS problom diognosed at a brake shop and according to the guy, my ABS computer that is located on the right side under the hood is bad and needs replacment. When they do the scan do they reset these things because I want to unplug it and then plug i back in before waisting 138 $ to get it repaired. Or should i trust the guy's diognose and just repair it??

Old 03-07-2010 | 02:39 AM
cyberdog is on a distinguished road

I have a -96 Blazer with ABS problems aswell. The Park light is on all the time but ABS light never comes on , not even when turning on ignition.

ABS doesntwork but brakes works just fine.

Any ideas ?

Old 03-07-2010 | 11:00 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by cyberdog
I have a -96 Blazer with ABS problems aswell. The Park light is on all the time but ABS light never comes on , not even when turning on ignition.

Any ideas ?

Hmm... I remmember on my mother's 93 chevy cheynne had the park brake light on because her park brake wasnt adjusted right and got fixed when adjusted. Not shure if that could be your problom

Old 03-08-2010 | 09:51 AM
Beginning Member
95WcodeBlaze is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cyberdog

Any ideas ?
well that exact thing happened to me.. wut itll do is set off the brake light if ur abs bulb in the dash is out.. id say check that first..

Old 03-08-2010 | 11:31 AM
2000zr24by4 is on a distinguished road

Everytime one of my wheel bearings is about to need replacement, my ABS and check engine light comes on. It has happened twice so far. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem but it sure is mine.

Old 03-08-2010 | 07:32 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by 2000zr24by4
Everytime one of my wheel bearings is about to need replacement, my ABS and check engine light comes on. It has happened twice so far. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem but it sure is mine.

I have had my ABS light and park brake light on for a while. Not shure if it went on when my front right wheel bearing was going out because i did replace it but the lights are still on but when i went to a break shop, they diognosed my abs poblom and the computer was at fault. I want to get this fixed but i dont want to throw 138 $ down the drain but 2001 blazers seem to have these abs computers messin up so mine probably is messed up

Quick Reply: ABS & ParkingBrake light problem????