Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

antifreeze questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 08:53 AM
drkmelvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: antifreeze questions

Well, the downforce only counts if you have front wheel drive...otherwise, it's just there for looks.

Old 11-30-2005, 05:13 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Does the downforce help if your in 4wdr, or do I need to get hood scopes for that?

Old 11-30-2005, 10:23 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point

According to a reliable source, hoodscoops, (including those that don't lead anywhere), add about 5 to 12.5 hp per scoop. Other factors involved in increasing horsepower are as follows: chrome, armor all on tires (and other plastic parts, roof rails, bumpers, etc), tinted windows, and of course, a loud radio.

Old 11-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Popeye voice* Hood scopes are me spinach!!! Ugugugugug! */Popeye voice*

LOL

Everyone knows that a couple hundred pounds of 'bump in the trunk' subracts like 2 seconds from your 1/4 mile time!

Old 11-30-2005, 11:20 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point

At the very least. And i understand that the more weight you add with extra subs, the faster your car will go.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:53 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Are we forgetting about stickers. Each one adds at least 5hp.

Old 12-02-2005, 05:22 AM
blue_green_rider is an unknown quantity at this point

I can definetly speak from experience that it is dangerous when using dexcool (especially if you have some halfbaked mechs from big 10 tires doing it) and being anywhere near another coolant. Dexcool can work just fine if you use it properly and maintain it although while I was up in kentucky my girl took it to be serviced to surprise me (1997 blazer) not only did they flush it (not completely might I add) and then add red coolant but three days later when I get home I observe a small puddle beneath my car. Due to the position I considered maybe someone had just driven it recently with the ac cranked up and the condenser just made a little puddle. If I had looked closer I could tell it was red (which I did when I got back). Let me tell you I made it a good 3 miles before my temp. gauge was at 200 and wobbling and smoke was pouring out from under the hood. A new radiator (and due to the idiot mechanics at my local chevy dealership a waterpump also) my car was moving again but not before I was a grand+ in the hole. There are some things I just can't tolerate and shoddy mechs. is my biggest one. Gotta love the girl for trying but she should have never taken it to Big 10 for anything.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I will definitely agree that when things are done wrong, you're in for a lot of hemoraging from your wallet! Same is true with Chrysler transmissions (42LE anyone) and their reliance on ATF+3 fluid. Anything else (no matter the additive) and you'll be looking for a new tranny in a few hundred miles. Been there, Done that!

Old 12-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Hanr3

Are we forgetting about stickers. Each one adds at least 5hp.
don't forget neons and LED squirter nozzles!
oh yeah, and those stupid little LED valve stem caps!