Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Automatic Transmission Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Beginning Member
speedfreakz is on a distinguished road
Default Automatic Transmission Issue

I have a 95 S10 Blazer 4x4 auto that was slipping in drive and overdrive. The fluid is full and doesn't smell burnt. I did a fluid and filter change with no luck. I replace the transmission with another along with a different torque converter and i still have the same issue. What could be wrong with this truck?

NOTE:
Also 1st and 2nd seem to drive fine when i manual put it in those gears.Also when shifting into drive or od it doesn't slip. but just starting out in drive or od it slips bad. I had it looked at and transmission guy said my computer is telling the tranny to stay in third and doesn't switch. He swap computer and solenoids with no change so he said it could be a wiring issue. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 04-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Starting Member
alpapada is on a distinguished road

I am experiencing the same problem. DOes anyone have any suggetstions about diagnosing the problem?

Old 04-12-2010, 07:14 AM
Beginning Member
Default ??

Any that had this problem that was able to fix it?

Old 04-13-2010, 12:50 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

You need to have the vehicle diagnosed by a competent shop that knows what they are doing... preferably someone with a Tech2 or similar scanner. This will save you much frustration in the long run.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Beginning Member

I hope that everyone reads this before they do what i did and replace their trans. All that was wrong with the car was the trans fuse. I replaced it after cleaning it out to sell because i was sick of the issue. I happened to see the fuse box and say what the heck. Sure enough that was the problem.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you found the problem. Bet you won't over look rule #1 to diagnosing any problem again.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Starting Member
audacious_autumn is on a distinguished road

https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...nsmission+slip I'm having the same transmission slip problem with my 98' Blazer. I want to replace the trans. fuse like you suggested. Do you think you could tell me where the fusebox/ trans. fuse is located? Thanks

Old 07-10-2010, 02:59 AM
Beginning Member
Default Fuse Box Location

It is on the left side of the dash when you open the door. Good Luck!