Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

blazer bog GONE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Starting Member
97ssblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default blazer bog GONE!

if you have experinced the "bog" than try this... i was at auto zone looking for brake clean as i just changed my calipers and rotors when i noticed a can of MAF cleaner... i asked my buddy that works there and he had said he never used it.. the can says adds 6-10 HP at the wheels so for 6$ how could i go wrong... i read the can 3-4 times and took my MAF all apart, sparyed the three sensors 9-10 times let dry for about an hour and put it all back together... i also sanded the crosion off the aluminum inside and out to "smooth" the air flow... i was really just bored . Try it you really do notice an improvement!

Old 09-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: blazer bog GONE!

It does not add any horsepower, but may reclaim lost performance due to a dirty MAF. You will only notice a gain if the MAF is dirty.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:28 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I don't like the idea of messing with the MAF. For the cost of the sensor, a $6 clean is not worth it to me.

What's the expected life of a MAF?

Old 09-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Should last the life of the vehicle. They don't really wear, but they can break. If you are careful, you shouldn't have any problems cleaning it. It can have a significant impact on performance and efficiency of the vehicle.

A dirty MAF sensor can cause transmission problems as well. Its values are used to determine shift algorithms for the transmission. GM had a notice about the problems that could result from a dirty MAF which was short-sighted as it was blaming K&N and any other oiled, aftermarket air filter manufacturer for the problem. I have seen many MAF sensors get dirty and affect performance on vehicles that have only had paper filters. It happens.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:32 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Out of curiosity, what is with the "SS" blazer nickname thing?

Old 09-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Starting Member
97ssblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

"SS" i installed a Jasper performace crate motor and a jasper performance tranny was well.. pics in "new member" area. and yes my MAF was really dirty! i never realized it i looked at it and looked fine. the can says every time you change your filter clean it.. my MAF has 160,000 miles on it so you can only imagine how dirty it was... there was no difficulty cleaning it very simple just spray it and let it dry done.. and to think i almost bought a new 1 cuz I thought it was junk...