Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Blown motor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:46 PM
WhiteNoiz is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Blown motor?

Hello to all on blazerforum!

I am posting for my sister. Sounds like she may have blown her engine. So I wanted some advise from people here who are familure with Blazers. I drive a 350z, and get great info from my forum, I have learned a lot. So here is the story.

My sister has a 2000 Blazer with 140k on it. She had it serviced two weeks ago. Well, she went camping today, and about 90 miles from here ran into some issues. Apparently her oil light went on (uh oh), and the the motor quit. She pulled over, and there is oil all over the engine compartment, and on the ground beneath the motor. I tried to do some searching around with google, and found that there is a problem with the oil lines on the 2000 blazers. My personal guess without knowing much about the car is that an oil line ruptured, leaked all the oil out...everywhere...oil light came on...TOO LATE...engine seized. So here are my questions.

1. Does it sound like the motor blew? (wont turn over now )
2. Could it be anything else, or is there a safety of some sort that could have shut down the motor?
3. If the motor went bye bye, how much will she be looking for a new or used motor, and what are the typical labor costs.

my last question, kinda general, full coverage does not cover engine failure does it ?

Any help would be appreciated!

Old 07-31-2009, 10:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

More than likely, the motor is gone. If the line failed, it would puke all of the oil out of the engine in a matter of a few seconds at normal cruising speeds.