Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

cat, spark, vaccuum and more! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Beginning Member
wilcleod is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Your truck has 4 O2 sensors in total. Try removing the O2 sensor directly ahead of the cat and see if it runs better. It will be loud, but it is a diagnostic point. If that lets you get someplace to get things figured out further, so be it.
hey i really appreciate your kind words and help. after going through countless posts and hours of google. ill do what you say. I just hope it doesnt foul up the car worse than it is.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The two rear most O2 sensors (the ones closest to the cat fore & aft) are catalyst monitors only and do not have anything to do with the engine operation. Removing the pre-cat sensor will allow for more exhaust flow which should allow the engine to breath better than it is through a clogged cat.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Beginning Member

The two rear most O2 sensors (the ones closest to the cat fore & aft) are catalyst monitors only and do not have anything to do with the engine operation. Removing the pre-cat sensor will allow for more exhaust flow which should allow the engine to breath better than it is through a clogged cat.
I know youre super busy but one fianl question...

Is there any diagrams or schematics where i can get detailed info on removing that sensor. Im not familliar with what tools will be needed or location of the sensor, will i need to jack the car up and so on. is this relativley easy to accomplish?

Old 10-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I believe it's a 22mm wrench that is required for the O2 sensor. As I have said and as the schematic below shows, it will be located on the exhaust pipe directly ahead of the cat. You want to remove the B1S2 sensor.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Beginning Member

I believe it's a 22mm wrench that is required for the O2 sensor. As I have said and as the schematic below shows, it will be located on the exhaust pipe directly ahead of the cat. You want to remove the B1S2 sensor.

ok ive pulled the o2 sensor from the exhaust manifold.. now do i leave it plugged into the computer module or leave it connected and tie strap the sensor to the frame work

Old 10-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Beginning Member

i mean do i leave it plugged in or take the whole sensor out and just leave the plug empty

Old 10-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Take the whole sensor out and leave the plug empty. This will set a B1S2 code or two, but it will keep the sensor from being messed up any more than it already may be. I would tape up the connector so it doesn't get too dirty and tuck it up safely so it doesn't get burnt on the exhaust.

If you plan on driving a long distance with it like this, you may want to fab up a little deflector to keep the exhaust from damaging anything on the transmission since the port points towards the trans.