Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Cat and PRE Cat??? And TEXAS Exhaust Regulations

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 04:36 AM
djbass_mekanik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cat and PRE Cat??? And TEXAS Exhaust Regulations

Today When I Went To Get my Muffler Installed, I Noticed My Truck Had The CAt And Another Smaller Cat, The Guy @ The Shop Said It Was A Pre CAt... If I Take That One Out, But Leave The Regular Cat, Will That Be A Prob With Codes or Emissions Chek?? Has Any One Did This?? I Live In Cali Right Now, But Movin To Texas This Summer, Anyone Know The Regulations In tx??

Old 04-21-2006, 08:36 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Cat and PRE Cat??? And TEXAS Exhaust Regulations

Well, federal law prohibits the modification of a working factory emissions control system. If your cats were to say *get damaged*, then you could have them replace the pre-cat and main-cat with one cat and you probably would be good (doubt this would be ok in cali though). Your truck must be a cali-emission vehicle because I have never seen one with a pre-cat. My '00 only has the one.

Old 04-22-2006, 06:15 AM
djbass_mekanik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Cat and PRE Cat??? And TEXAS Exhaust Regulations

Yea, like i said i dont matter about CA regulations, im moving to TX this summer.. so then ill probably just wait till i get there, so the sound wont bother me on the way ther..