Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Codes on '01 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 04:37 PM
HowlingX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Codes on '01 Blazer

Hello all,

I just got done wiring in a new alarm and remote start system, so this may be related may not. When I remote start, the check engine light turns on. The codes that come off of it are 740, 785, and 1860. 740 has to do with a torque converter clutch circuit malfunction, 785, Shift Timing solenoid malfunction, and 1860 is a converter solenoid circuit (HMD). I can't find any information on these codes. Can anyone help?

Old 01-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Codes on 01 Blazer

Does it only do this when you remote start? If so, I would say it is definitely connected to your remote start install...

About the codes, P0740 is in the Tech Article Section... The others, I can work on when I get some time... But I really think this has to do with your install as it sounds like a problem with power getting to the transmission.

What did you install for a bypass?

Old 01-21-2009, 11:23 PM
HowlingX is an unknown quantity at this point

I used an IDatalink bypass that I initially had problems with, but then figured out thatI hooked it up with the wrong ground out wire going to the alarm. To answer your question, yes this only happens when I remote start it. It's sounding more like it is in my wiring unfortunately. I initially had the codes come up when I used a resistor in between the passlock II wires, but then figured out my error on the IDatalink bypass and hooked it up the right way, and got the codes again.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If it only happens when you remote start, it has to be a problem with either the wiring or the compatibility of the bypass itself. I would contact the manufacturer and explain your problem.