Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Coolant leak (revisited)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 02:17 AM
frankjc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Coolant leak (revisited)

Hi. Not too long ago, I made a post about intake gaskets. I got some great responses, thankyou everyone.
At the time, it didn't seem to be leaking too bad. Tonight, I noticed some coolant on the ground. I crawled under there to take a look, and it's wet under the car. It looks like it is dripping on the oil cooler lines (which I replaced a few weeks ago) right on the clamp in the middle of the hose part that bolts to the block. Also, it is all over the center link. Looking around with a flashlight I can see where the intake gasket leaks at the front driver's side, just above the water pump. I can't tell if it is leaking bad enough to make the mess thatI have. It's really hard for me to tell, it was dark out, and almost 10:30 pm when I was out there, and I couldn't see that well.
This has me thinking (more like obsessing), could I have damaged anything while I was replacing the oil lines? When I jacked up the engine? Are there any coolant lines that run along the driver's side of the engine? I can't really see that well.
I don't think I should drive it until it's fixed.
Thanks for reading this.
Frank.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:26 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Coolant leak (revisited)

No there won't be any coolant linesbut you should have a good look at the frost plugs in the side of the block. You may also have a factory block heater on the drives side of the block and the seal can leak there.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:27 AM
Jman is an unknown quantity at this point

There are no other coolant lines on the drivers side.. It is more than likely it is leaking at the back of the intake gasket as well. Changing your oil lines most likely had nothin to do with your coolant leak.
If you already know the int. gasket is leaking your best off changeing it before damage does occur.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:21 AM

Thanks for the replies. I will see if I can see the frost plugs. Where would the block heater be located, and what would it look like.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:07 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

The block heater basically replaces one of the frost plugs, on the drivers side rear, between the motor mount and the back of the block.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:48 PM

Thanks .
I am pretty sure that I don't have that though.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:25 PM
BlazerNooB is an unknown quantity at this point

i have the same problem with coolant leaking but its on the passenger side any clues. or is it the intake gasket i pray not lol . im not to good with blazers i used to build racing motors for dsms for a living and got out of that. any info would be great thanks in advance.