Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

coolant problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 05:41 AM
swanman35 is on a distinguished road

I fluahed one hose when I flushed the core, but couldn't get the other off. I really hope its as simple as a pluggef up hose, cause I don't want to have to remove the whole dash. Thanks a lot for your help! People here are great!

Old 01-16-2013, 05:44 AM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

i bet removing the dash isnt fun, you could put one of them stand alone heater cores in it for the winter, you run your hoses to it and it has a electric fan in it, just lay it on the pass floor.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:04 AM

I could do that. I'm going to check the hose then flush the whole cooling system. If it doesn't work I'll bear through the cold till summer when I'm out of high-school and have more time between work to fix it.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:21 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

if you were able to flush the core and have no issues flushing it, it is most likely a hose. have you ever put bars stop leak in? i had used it once and had a hose plug up on me...i used it to limp till i could get the lower intake gasket fixed. worse case (hopefully) you need a new hose.

good luck

Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 AM

No, I have never used it. The previous owner may have used it though. I haven't done a flush since i got it. The previous owner let the truck sit for a few years.He said he only drove it every once in a while. So that probably caused most of my problems with the blazer. If a hose to the heater core is plugged could that cause any engine problems that could be major? If not then I will just wait till I have more time to fix it.I have an hour of free time today and tomorrow between work, so anything that will take longer than that can't be done until friday or early saturday.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:27 AM

Guys I'm confused here. I fluahed the heater core again, and both of its hoses this time. When I first warmed up the blazer the heat was warmer than it was but still cold, then it got cild again. I felt the hoses and the hose on the passenger side is hot, the other is cold. Even after just flushing the core and having nothing but clear water come out.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

change the core

Old 01-18-2013, 01:22 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Yeah...something is going on in there. Did you get all the air out? Do you hear a sound like water sloshing around while you drive coming from pass side dash?

Old 01-18-2013, 03:40 PM
05BlackJimmy is on a distinguished road

If the coolant has never been changed it could be slugeed up and clogged the heater core again, best bet is to flush the whole system and core, then fill up again.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:42 PM

I'm going to do that as soon as I can. I burped it and now it is warm when I drive, but cools down when I'm stopped.

Quick Reply: coolant problem?