Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

eBay electric supercharger - scam???

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 09:16 PM
ComputerNerdBD is on a distinguished road
Default eBay electric supercharger - scam???

Performance Cold Air Intake Electric Supercharger Turbo GMC (No Chip) | eBay

I found this on eBay and I was thinking that this might be just another scam, but I wanted to hear what other people have to say. Opinions?

Old 11-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

Scam. It just acts as a tiny fan in a filter, u could make that

Old 11-26-2011, 09:52 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

You'd be better off buying an electric leaf blower at a garage sale and hooking it up to your intake.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Starting Member
DaddysBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Man I seen that ad and they claim that it worked only at full acceration. That is what turned me off about it.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:02 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

there was a write up somewhere i found on the netlast year,but i cant find it...anyways they did a dyno test with one on a toyota truck with the r22. they gained a whoppin 2 hp AND lost 4 hp when the lil charger was not running..Im guessing from the obstructions of the fan blades and filter being a factor.

One reason i wont buy it is this...Imagine sitting there with some friends or neighbors and they ask if you have done any mods on it....you say "oh its got a electric supercharger i got off ebay on it." .....Nuff said...lol

Old 11-26-2011, 10:03 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

That would be a "mod" you'd have to hide and never tell anybody about, haha.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:52 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chris015
there was a write up somewhere i found on the netlast year,but i cant find it...anyways they did a dyno test with one on a toyota truck with the r22. they gained a whoppin 2 hp AND lost 4 hp when the lil charger was not running..Im guessing from the obstructions of the fan blades and filter being a factor.

One reason i wont buy it is this...Imagine sitting there with some friends or neighbors and they ask if you have done any mods on it....you say "oh its got a electric supercharger i got off ebay on it." .....Nuff said...lol
Why not that would be pretty funny to throw on a ricer and act like your cool lol.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:56 PM
ComputerNerdBD is on a distinguished road

Yea that's what I thought. A scam. Glad I asked.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:04 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Lol you needa read the feed backs there are so many people who fall for it

this one guy said this

HOLY SH-T BATBAN WHAT GREAT PICKUP I GOT A NOSE BLEED WORTH EVERY PENNY THANKS

rolling on the floor laughing

Old 11-26-2011, 11:23 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Yeah from what I've heard they're a little boost that can only be used via a switch for 15-20 seconds while passing people, hammering on it etc., otherwise you'll burn out the motor. And yes, while it's not working it IS an obstruction in the intake & will hurt performance.
A tiny motor that spins a witto wee fan at what 29,000 RPM & adds only 3psi boost? In relation - my Wynjammer adds 6psi & up to 8psi or so but that's when the engine spins up to anything over 2000 rpm, before that it's still forcing air into the engine & added 42hp at the rear wheels when dynoed (that's about 70hp or so at the crank). And it's always there, no having to flip a switch (though that would be cool in a James Bond sorta way - "Don't touch that switch!" lol)
But it has been covered in the superchargers, turbo etc mods section here... someone asked a question about them & Kyle replyed with basically what I've said. It all makes sense - if it isn't producing power or increasing airflow, it's robbing both when it's not on - it's a restriction.

Just my $0.02 worth.
I just read ALL what the seller has to say... yeah he has good selling points & it would probably help WOT and that's why he has a WOT switch that is automatic - good idea.
But $170 ehhhh try it & let us know lol

Last edited by Rottidog; 11-26-2011 at 11:38 PM.

Quick Reply: eBay electric supercharger - scam???