Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Engine misses when driveing and Starting probelms

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 02:59 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Engine misses when driveing and Starting probelms

Hey guys this started the other day .The truck was missing when i use to press on the gas . me and my dad found out that it was the Catalytic Converter that was clog ed . also the muffler was red hot and that it went in flames . we got the fire shut off asap not to damage the truck . we made a hole in the catalytic converter to clean it out and it started running again but it still misses .

can it be when it back fired it killed my plugs or that i need to replace to catalytic converter and muffler for it to run better . i wanted to just make a hole for temps to make my truck run

i got an 1992 chevy blazer s10 thanks for reading

Old 01-20-2011, 03:05 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Check in the intake and see if you have "washing" fuel built up in the lower intake. If so its a spider or fuel pressure regulator. Not a bad idea to pull the plugs and check em out too tho.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:39 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

i don't think its a fuel problem because when its cold it starts and stalls after an hour of idling

going to check the plugs and the cap tomorrow morning

Last edited by xgiovannix12; 01-20-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:57 PM
BF Guru
Exclamation

ok this is what happened the cat got clogged and the muffler went on fire . we notice bogging while driving and thought it was bad gas. we made a hole in the cat and cleaned it out. we also cut off the muffler cause it melted .the truck didn't have gas pressure so we changed the fuel pump. we also changed the plugs cap rotor and the ignition module . the truck idles but bogs a lot .

any ideas what it can be? I am not getting any engine light while running .

also this is a 1992 chevy blazer s10 Vin W thanks for reading
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

DOnt know where to start now !

Last edited by rriddle3; 01-31-2011 at 10:18 PM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 02-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Combining Double Posts* - Please be patient and wait for responses. Also, please heed the advice given. No one should have to take their time to help you if you aren't at least willing to test what is suggested.

Do a fuel pressure and leak-down test and post the exact results (pump running pressure as well as the pressure over time after the pump shuts off after 1, 2, 5, 10, 15 minutes). These engines are NOTORIOUS for fuel leaks inside the engine.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:55 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by swartlkk
*Combining Double Posts* - Please be patient and wait for responses. Also, please heed the advice given. No one should have to take their time to help you if you aren't at least willing to test what is suggested.

Do a fuel pressure and leak-down test and post the exact results (pump running pressure as well as the pressure over time after the pump shuts off after 1, 2, 5, 10, 15 minutes). These engines are NOTORIOUS for fuel leaks inside the engine.

oppps sorry couldnt find that thread .. and ok ill check for leaks

Old 02-01-2011, 06:00 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Like he said these vin W engines are notorious for leaks. I'm dealing with a spider assym leaking in mine.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:58 PM
BF Guru

hmmm my dad has a head harder then a rock ... is there any other way i can tell him its the spider =/ or imma do it my self once it stops snowing

Old 02-09-2011, 02:06 PM
BF Guru

[quote=xgiovannix12;404196]ok this is what happened the cat got clogged and the muffler went on fire . we notice bogging while driving and thought it was bad gas. we made a hole in the cat and cleaned it out. we also cut off the muffler cause it melted .the truck didn't have gas pressure so we changed the fuel pump. we also changed the plugs cap rotor and the ignition module . the truck idles but bogs a lot .

any ideas what it can be? I am not getting any engine light while running .

also this is a 1992 chevy blazer s10 Vin W thanks for reading
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

ok i decided to bring my blazer to the mechanic and he found out it the engine computer. replaced it and programed it but now we found out my fuel injection is not firing

any ideas ?

Old 02-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What were the results of your fuel pressure test?

We aren't suggesting things to waste your time, so please do not waste ours. If you aren't going to try what has been suggested and let us know the results, please say so now.

Quick Reply: Engine misses when driveing and Starting probelms