Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Exceleration Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 04:14 AM
MNHawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Exceleration Problems

ORIGINAL: llxll_69_69_llxll

welp bad news, got my fatherinlaws fuel pressure guage last night couldnt sleep so 4 am this morning i hooked it up and drove around the block a few times, constant 60 psi never droped 1nc. now im absolutly baffeled............... no idea what to do next anyone have any suggestions. sorry iv replaced coil also when i did ignition system stuff.
While you were driving around, did it start to act up? If not then you might not had hit the issue point yet.

Seeing as these internal pumps are cooled by the gas, once the gas gets below the pump it can take anywhere from a few min to a few hours before it can start to impeed the impeller. The Pump works the same as a Fish Tank filter. An electronic flow spins the impeller to create the flow. Just about anything can impeed this flow (dirty tank, bad filter from pickup tube, water, ice, deposits). And its not like you can take it apart and clean it out. If we could, there would be less of a need to replace them. Atleast until the magnito inside crapped out, but then again that only happens when the wires come disconnected, which could be fixed also if you could take it apart.

Auto Meter makes a nice Electronic sending unit FPR gage. They retail for around $289 at your local parts store. And are really easy to hook up and run the wires.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:32 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

If it only does it when cold... Try putting in some gas line anti-freeze...

Old 02-27-2007, 12:38 PM
llxll_69_69_llxll is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah it wuz acting up while i had fuel presure guage hooked up. I say cold but not really below freezing, pretty much does it anytime the weathers below 50 degrees. dosent matter 1 way are another how much gas is in it eitherfull tank, 3/4 tank, 1/2 tank or less does it all the time. My id is the same as my yahoo mess if u want to tey and help

Old 02-27-2007, 02:23 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

Just to throw in another idea...maybe a coolant temp sensor. If the sensor is out of range (reading warmer than the engine is) the injectors will not deliver enough fuel even if you have 60psi fuel pump pressure.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:01 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

What about the Intake Air Temperature sensor it is located directly behind the MAF, check its wiring and should have two wires running to it....in the corrugated section behind the MAF....

Old 02-27-2007, 06:11 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: llxll_69_69_llxll

Yeah it wuz acting up while i had fuel presure guage hooked up.
How did the fuel pressure read when it was acting up?

Old 03-02-2007, 11:57 PM

sorry yall net wuz down for a few days, but back on topic. yes i have replaced air flow sensor, havent thought about coolent temp sensor need more info on that maybe ill try that idea. And yes it wuz acting up really bad when i had fuel pressure guage on it and wuz at a constant 60 psi even shut it off down the road let out pressure and started agian to make sure it wuzent a fluke

Old 03-04-2007, 11:09 PM

did everyone give up on me??????????????????

Old 03-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Kordog is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you replace the MAF sensor before, and then now the problem has surfaced? Or it could be that you have gotten a bad one. Disconnect the MAF and drive it, if the problem does not resurface with the MAF disconnected, then that is your problem. Also could be a fuel volume problem, you may have enough pressure, but not enough volume. If the truck has close to or over 100k then it could also be the pump yet. HTH.