Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

fouled

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 06:35 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: fouled

The fuel pressure regulator is located under the upper intake plenum. Have a read through the link below and let us know if you have more questions:

Fuel pressure regulator on Blazer 4.3L CPI W engine (incl'd EGR and IAC check/clean)

And as Ryan said above, you have to get a fuel pressure gauge to test the pressure. You should be able to pick one up for $20-$30. Mine is/was an el-cheapo and has lasted me well over 6 years of use on various repairs.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:03 AM
eddiegreeny is an unknown quantity at this point

i just went out to check my pressure and i notice that my needle is bent. would that have anything to do with pumping to mych gas in it?

Old 03-10-2008, 05:31 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

You mean you bought a fuel pressure gauage and the needle was bent on it when you bought it? What do you mean by 'pumping too much gas in it'? I'm afraid your post is a little confusing.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:18 PM

the schrader valve stem is bent.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:43 PM

i just checked my codes again they are flashing 12 and 34. any ideas

Old 03-11-2008, 02:12 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

The schrader valve stem on the fule lines is bent?? Is it bent to the point of not being able to check fuel pressure??

Old 03-11-2008, 08:40 AM

yes it is.i tried to get both hands in there but no use. so i called the dealer i have to buy the whole rail. the auto parts stores dont carry it. called a few local junk yards no blazers in the lots. will a schrader valve from a different blazer that isnt 4.3 work?

Old 03-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You should be able to pull the valve out with a regular tire valve extractor. And yes, the valve from any other similar year GM vehicle should work, but get a few incase you damage the seal.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:58 PM

so i can change it like changing one on a tire then. do i need to take the schrader out at all.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Administrator

The schrader is what you are in need of replacing is it not...? If it is, then yes, you can remove it from a fuel rail just like removing it from a tire.