Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

fuel injector clip broken

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007 | 11:36 AM
|
Beginning Member
moe_23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fuel injector clip broken

So here is the issue, I was checking my fuel injectors and fuel pressure regulator because my truck wasn't starting (there is pressure and spark). Of course something had to go wrong, one of the clips that holds in the injectors broke. Now my question is can I find a replacement clip or am I screwed and have to buy a whole new spider assembly? I have done some searching and cant find a replacement clip anywhere. By the way its a 1995 blazer lt with the 4.3 vortec.

Old 09-05-2007 | 01:48 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: fuel injector clip broken

I'd go to the local dealership and see if one of the tune-up techs would be a really nice guy and maybe find an old clip in his toolbox that he might just give you.
Just an idea but why not try that or a tune-up shop.....before you try the junkyards

Old 09-05-2007 | 07:32 AM
Starting Member
junkmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are referring to the clips that hold the poppet nozzles into the intake plenum, I too broke one of mine, but had no trouble just re-installing the nozzle. Maybe I got lucky but the upper half of the squeeze clip broke leaving the lower half intact. When I re-installed the poppet nozzle it snapped back into place. I haven't had a problem with it since AND I recently took everything out again to replace my intake manifold gaskets. To get the "broken" poppet nozzle clip out all I had to do was slip a long thin piece of stiff wire down along the nozzle to gently move the clip and slide the nozzle out. It was easy, took 10 seconds. Worth a try, unless you broke the whole clip or one whole side off, then you might have a little more trouble. You can also just buy a replacement fuel injector which comes with the poppet nozzle as a whole assembly. Do an Internet search for fuel injectors...they're out there, but not cheap...$65.00 each if memory serves. It may be more economical to replace the whole spider. Good Luck.

Old 09-06-2007 | 11:35 AM
|
Beginning Member

chevy lover: unfortunately the clip doesn't come off, unless mine is just being stubborn. I didnt want to put to much force into it and break something else.

what do you guys think if i just glued it in place for now until i bought a new spider assembly. or do you know if it will just sit there and not pop out? I appreciate all the help

Old 09-06-2007 | 03:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

How does it feel when you put it down into the injector bore? Does it feel like it would pop out?

Old 09-07-2007 | 03:23 PM
|
Beginning Member

it doesn't just slide right in and out but it comes out without a struggle. I was thinking maybe putting a o-ring around it and see if that will hold it in place