Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

How to change the FPR...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Beginning Member
EljayK004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to change the FPR...

OK, in my last post someone mentioned the "locking up of the engine" could be the Fuel Pressure Regulator. A friend of mine who has worked on cars a little bit, told me to remove the spark plugs, which I did. When I got to the middle one on the driver's side, about a cup of gas poured out. Needless to say, the oil also smells like gasoline. After the gas poured out, I tried turning the key and the engine spun just fine. I haven't replaced the plug in it, yet (I dropped the damn plug and socket and can't find it), so I haven't actually started the engine, yet. When spinning the motor a large amount of gas comes out of the same sparkplug hole.

Obviously this is a fuel issue, so I'm guessing the FPR is probably the issue, right? Could it be anything else? If this is the FPR, how do I go about replacing it? The engine is a 4.3LVortec.

Thanks in advance,
Johnny K

Old 12-12-2007, 09:31 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: How to change the FPR...

It sure would be nice if you kept posting in the same thread.

Glad to see you found your problem, and I posted up more info in your other thread, had you posted this in the other thread, I could have saved myself a ton of typing, for you.

Anyway, it could be the FPR or it could be the spider assembly. Its in the fuel delivery system.

To get more specific, I need to know the year of your truck and which fuel deliver system you have, if you know.

One other thing, when someone replies to a thread it sets you up to recieve an email when a new reply has been posted. This way I dont have to go check the thread until I get a new email. If you start a new thread, I dont get a new email.

Eventually Swart will be along to combine all your threads into one thread, I hope.
Thanks and welcome to teh site.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: How to change the FPR...

I have copied the first post in this thread over to the original '94 won't start... thread. Please respond to that thread to keep everything in one place.