Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Having it serviced tommorow....

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Starting Member
Crestwood1001 is on a distinguished road

Haha no offence taken, im accually heading to my uncles in about half an hour and he used to be a mechanic so we are gonna take a look at it, i was just outside messing with it and it seems REAL hard to get to unless im lookin at the wrong thing but i dont think i am, can someone get a pic of a egr valve on a 95'

Oh and I payed for the truck outta my own pocket lol he is just helping out with gas and repairs because i was just let go from my job cause they didnt need as many people anymore, which pretty much sucked

Last edited by rriddle3; 05-23-2009 at 07:39 PM. Reason: CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 05-23-2009, 05:31 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, it'll probably be a tight fit for you. Even in my K5, where I can sit inside the engine compartment, it's a little squirrely. Just have to be patient, and careful. You may not get a full turn on the wrench, or even a 1/4 turn but sometimes that's the way it goes unless you buy all kinds of specialized tools.

Google an egr valve for your blazer and then check the images. It'll prolly give you a good look.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Starting Member

Yea when depending on what happens tonight i might just ask my mechanic to clean it out instead of replace it when it goes in saturday. My family is good friends with the guy and I trust his work, he is not one of the cheap asses at pep boys lol (no offence if u happen to work at pep boys but they do **** work and overcharge haha)

Old 05-23-2009, 05:44 PM

See if he'll let you watch/help. If you're interested in doing the work yorself a good mentor would be great.

No pep boys for me...If I get stuck workin' on stuff it usually weighs around 15-30 tons. LOL.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Starting Member

Dude i cannot for the life of me find a pic of the egr valve in the accuall engine compartment online, im pretty sure its what i think it is but i cant be sure, and my uncle went out for dinner lol so ill do that tommorow sometime

Old 05-23-2009, 06:48 PM

Looks like this. Clicky. Now location...I dunno.

Holy crap!...Mine was like $46.00 from NAPA.
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/owner/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/owner/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Starting Member

Yea i know where that is, just wanted to be sure lol, ill keep ya updated

Old 05-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001
Dude i cannot for the life of me find a pic of the egr valve in the accuall engine compartment online, im pretty sure its what i think it is but i cant be sure, and my uncle went out for dinner lol so ill do that tommorow sometime
I know there has been more than one posted before on here.

It is right in the front/center of your engine between the alternator and the A/C compressor. About the size of a soda can.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Starting Member

Yea its kinda hard to get to lol

Old 05-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Starting Member

Alright guys, just got back from my uncles and I was looking at the egr, im prob gonna try and clean it but its pretty hard to get to. Now we found some vacume lines that were not attached to anything and we connected one back up, but there are two we couldnt figure out, one starts at the T connecting under the vacume ball under the hood and ran behind the motor, couldnt find where it goes, and the other comes off the intake and is supposed to go into a hole on the engine but it looks like the end was broken off so its not connected properly, does anyone know where i can get a replacement for it

Quick Reply: Having it serviced tommorow....