Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Irongutz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help!!!

OK, I just replcaed the fuel pump in my 2001 blazer 2 door. The pump works, I relpaced the fuel filter, and I have spark, but the truck will not start. There is no pressure at the fuel rail. Any ideas what I can do? I need to have the truck runing by monday.

Details: 2001 2 door w/ 4.3l vortec

Old 11-17-2007, 03:42 PM
94 tahoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Help!!!

Hi there i had a similar problem to yours only mine started after an age of trying
however when i tested my fuel pressure with the ignition on (engine off) it was only 15psi and dropped as soon as the fuel pump stopped priming the system.
My problem was a leak in both fuel return lines (nut kit) after replacing these and the regulator it runs fine and the pressure sits at 55-55 psi.

Do you get any smell of petrol/gas?? if so it could be the same problem as mine
hope this helps
Keith UK

Old 11-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you could do us a favor and not post in such small text, that would be great.

On your problem, did you check/replace the fuse and/or relay before replacing the pump? Did you connect everything properly at the tank? If the pump actually runs, but you still get no pressure at the fuel pressure test port, then you have something either clogging the fuel feed line or something connected improperly.

Old 11-17-2007, 04:47 PM

[align=left]OK, I now have it up to about 45 psi, it will crank up but the pressure drops, I trhink you are right about the fuel retutrn line. Thanks sorry about the small type.
[/align]

Old 11-18-2007, 08:40 AM

[align=left]Now I have my pressure up to 60 psi w/ key on engine off. It will crank and turn over a couple of times but will not stay running. I haven't been able to find any leaks in the return lines and it seem to be holding pressure just fine. My battery is low on charge but it does the same thhing when jump starting. Thanks.
[/align]