Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

rocker cover sensor??

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 12:15 PM
94 tahoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rocker cover sensor??

I don't know how to describe this problem i have but i will give it my best shot.
On the passenger sideof my enginethere is abrittle plasticpipe connected to what i can only describe as some sort of sensor which pushes into a hole on the head/rocker cover the other end of the pipe is connected to anozzle which situated on top of the plenham near the throttle cable
hope your still with me ??

Well my question is does this sensor thing which is pushed into the head/rocker cover just push in or does it lock in by some way as mine keeps on coming out of the hole and tripping my service engine soon light; as soon as i push it back in the hole everything is normal again and the light goes out.

There is also another sensor fitted into the drivers side head/rocker cover but that seems to be in tight and gives me no trouble
my car is a 1994 s 10 blzer with the vortec 4.3 engine fitted
thanks in advance
Keith UK

Old 11-18-2007, 01:36 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: rocker cover sensor??

I think the sensor on the drivers side is going to be your Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve. At least it is in the gen 2 blazers. This sensor just gets pushed in till you can't push no more, very easy to replace. The other one I am not sure what it is.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, the PCV valve. Just push it in and forget it. Nothing but the interference fit with the rubber grommet holds the valve in.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:07 AM
94 tahoe is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you for your replies maybe i will need to fit a longer hose to stop it from popping out
cheers
Keith