Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Helping out a friend, again..

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Beginning Member
sarmikgar is an unknown quantity at this point

Start up is more random than that, doesnt seem to depend on cold or hot engine that I can tell, today for instance..

Cold start in the morning it fired up right up after I let the pump pressurize the system fully(listened for it). Drove about 5-6 miles to my work and turned it off, a friend at work came out to look at it(he has an s10) and it fired right up.. then 3-4 mins later there was no pressure at the valve when I went to do the tests. After finishing the tests, I return the test kit and get in the blazer and cranked it 3 short times and then about 5 seconds till I pushed the gas pedal in a little(maybe 1/4 throttle) and it started up.

Hate to have to pull the top again just to check, gasket re-useable by any chance lol?

You guys could certainly be right, guess Im back to square one sorta, gotta look in the plenum again =(

Old 03-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A fuel pressure gauge & appropriate adapters can diagnose this problem without cracking the plenum again (diagnose! - if the problem is found to be in the plenum, then you'll have to open it up ). I was trying to give you options that didn't involve getting a gauge & making up the necessary adapter.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Beginning Member

Ok!

poped the top on the plenum, there is some pooling that I know I had dried up yesterday when I was in there. Is by the passenger side two front poppets, gonna check for leaks and will post again in a few.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Beginning Member

#$%^, new nut kit line has a crack in it.. right where the poppets tubes wrap over it.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Beginning Member

Well, a big thank you to you guys. Your help is very much appreciated. I am glad I didnt just talk myself into doing the pump, thank you for the great advice.

Looks like I got the only nut kit in town yesterday, so I ordered one in from Phoenix and it should be in tomorrow morning. Will be same BWD brand from Orielly's hopefully without the hairline crack in it.

Owner said he could wait for the truck another day or two so I am good there.

Gonna go pull off the nut kit now so I am ready tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

Old 03-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you found the issue and you didn't go through a pump replacement!!