Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

I can't fit a Ratchet and I can't move the bolt with wrench

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Starting Member
Bigringtravis is on a distinguished road

My blazer is OBD1 and it only has one, four wired O2 sensor in the Y-pipe.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Beginning Member
kuojo is on a distinguished road

I can only find 2 but I keep hearing rumors that there may be a third that has to be replaced as well. I have one on my Y-pipe (already replaced) and another just behind the cat and right before the muffler. I am going to replace the one between the cat and the muffler and see what happens

Old 10-12-2011, 07:26 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kuojo
I can only find 2 but I keep hearing rumors that there may be a third that has to be replaced as well. I have one on my Y-pipe (already replaced) and another just behind the cat and right before the muffler. I am going to replace the one between the cat and the muffler and see what happens
If you had a third it would be located on the drivers side y-pipe just below the y-pipe to exhaust manifold connection, somewhere around the frame rail.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:00 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Hanr3
If you had a third it would be located on the drivers side y-pipe just below the y-pipe to exhaust manifold connection, somewhere around the frame rail.

Try this

Attached Thumbnails I can't fit a Ratchet and I can't move the bolt with wrench-98_o2_sensor.gif  

Last edited by pettyfog; 10-12-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Fog, that picture is for the 98+ trucks.

A '95 OBD1 setup will only have 1 O2 sensor just after the 'y' in the y-pipe before the catalytic converter called the upstream sensor. The OBD1.5 & OBD2 '95 models will have 2, same location as the OBD1 setup as well as a post cat sensor. NEVER replace a post cat sensor unless it's setting a code and even then, only after properly diagnosing the code to determine if the sensor is actually faulty. Only the upstream sensor has anything to do with fuel management in the engine.

The sensors themselves are identical in every way; the AC Delco # is AFS75.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:01 AM
Beginning Member
kuojo is on a distinguished road

Alright. Guess its time to get the code now and see where the issue is. At least there is only 2 sensors on my truck, thanks guys for telling me. Do you know of any places that can scan an OBD1.5 code off a 16 pin connector?