Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

I got the Blazer back. If I can get the IAT to stay on I should be golden. Astro....

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2020, 09:24 PM
93S10TahoeLT is on a distinguished road

If anything is extra shiny, it is from us (mechanic and I) spraying around with Brake Parts Cleaner trying to find a vacuum leak. We did not find...

Name:  HefDTIY.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  1.11 MB
Name:  aNeLqGy.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  1.04 MB

So. Soon.. it is either going to be a factory hat with bracket (almost found one today but decided to put off buying it, since I have two on the way and should return the Spectre one....) - or the K&N hat, with its actual CLAMP securement. We will soon see..

Old 04-09-2020, 09:40 PM
Mods is on a distinguished road

While we're on the topic, does someone produce new seals for the hat or no? im pretty sure all blazers from all makes and models are running around with **** poor sealing at this point.

Old 04-09-2020, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mods
While we're on the topic, does someone produce new seals for the hat or no? im pretty sure all blazers from all makes and models are running around with **** poor sealing at this point.
I must say, out of all the used ones I saw on EBay, I only saw ONE with some visible orange..

This is why I not only decided not to drive to East Brunswick NJ today, but also decided to give the aftermarket hat a shot.

I was in a sporty 2003 Blazer in Florida, I was impressed with how fast it was. Not sure if it was simply a "loved" truck, as I am trying to have mine (really would rather fix than sell but if that is not possible...) or if the hotter climate helped it out.. I was also in a 2004 or 2005 I remember being impressed by its condition. Would it be completely random if the seals deteriorate or not? Or is there a way to keep up on them as maintenance items.. ?

Old 04-10-2020, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by 93S10TahoeLT
I must say, out of all the used ones I saw on EBay, I only saw ONE with some visible orange..

This is why I not only decided not to drive to East Brunswick NJ today, but also decided to give the aftermarket hat a shot.

I was in a sporty 2003 Blazer in Florida, I was impressed with how fast it was. Not sure if it was simply a "loved" truck, as I am trying to have mine (really would rather fix than sell but if that is not possible...) or if the hotter climate helped it out.. I was also in a 2004 or 2005 I remember being impressed by its condition. Would it be completely random if the seals deteriorate or not? Or is there a way to keep up on them as maintenance items.. ?
i've been looking for a couple of months at this point, i believe its possible to get an entirely new hat assembly from delco still. Note that hotter air/climate would cause general poor engine performance, its why cold air intakes exist.

As for the seals engine bay heat and fuel fumes will deteriorate them for as long as they are driven. Im extremely surprised that they are not in the aftermarket anywhere with any prevalence .

Old 04-10-2020, 12:14 PM

Quick update. For those interested, . One of the new hats just came. (Yes, I got two.) It is not an ACDelco OEM one but, I may take it over to mechanic for proper fitment of the vacuum hose etc. Here is that. The K&N one comes tomorrow.

Almost afraid to touch it, and obviously I dont need the whole thing (and we could not find vacuum leaks with spray but) Here is that.

I bought it because it is NEW and because of the sealing...

Name:  D3Jev1G.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  956.4 KB

Name:  Z3Ykqur.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  635.7 KB

Name:  zFtY6mV.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  795.9 KB

Going over there for the install. Small things have never been my area of expertise.

Last edited by swartlkk; 04-10-2020 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts made within 20 minutes of each other - Use the edit feature to add information to your post if necessary. Repeated offenses will result in suspension of privileges..
Old 04-10-2020, 01:58 PM

..thats the wrong part entirely. you need Delco P/N 25147235 i believe. And seriously ditch that mechanic you've got because man they ****ed some things up.

Last edited by Mods; 04-10-2020 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:51 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Is that for a 2.2l 4 flat?

Old 04-10-2020, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mods
..thats the wrong part entirely. you need Delco P/N 25147235 i believe. And seriously ditch that mechanic you've got because man they ****ed some things up.
Yeah, whatever that part was... it is going back. I was in a desperation to get a "new hat" at that time.

Truck is running pretty good now, popped a leak in the heater hose, the one directly above the distributor cap. Dripping right where the coil plugs in, verified that today..

And yes, it is time for a new guy.

I do not recall if the first gens were better or worse than the 2nd Gens on accessing things in the engine compartment but, today was promising in how we got the truck to run. I almost dont want it anymore, due to the hit on the side. But I will deal with that too... Yes, separate thread.

Old 04-10-2020, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by DonL
Is that for a 2.2l 4 flat?
^ lol.. Dart? All 2 years of it?

FWIW, For those curious, they actually advertise *that* as.. for these trucks.

It is getting returned tomorrow or Monday, some kind of note about "Opened up, did not fit at all"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5-New-Col...9-0bc67b9720ca

Old 04-11-2020, 08:16 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

There was some s10s that came with a 2.2l 4 inline engine...

Quick Reply: I got the Blazer back. If I can get the IAT to stay on I should be golden. Astro....