Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

I got the Blazer back. If I can get the IAT to stay on I should be golden. Astro....

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 09:51 PM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

What is the code for the SES light on the dash? But glad you got it to drive so much better.

Old 04-16-2020, 10:24 PM
93S10TahoeLT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 2001ZR2
What is the code for the SES light on the dash? But glad you got it to drive so much better.
That is an ABS light. I really hope to get the cruise control to work.

Did two burnouts. Will make sure I take stays on, clamp maybe is rusty.. but yes, it is really better than it was.

I am not gonna leave those doors like that..

Old 04-16-2020, 10:46 PM
Mods is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 93S10TahoeLT
That is an ABS light. I really hope to get the cruise control to work.

Did two burnouts. Will make sure I take stays on, clamp maybe is rusty.. but yes, it is really better than it was.

I am not gonna leave those doors like that..
I take it you said screw it and are going to keep the rig?

Old 04-17-2020, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mods
I take it you said screw it and are going to keep the rig?
That is a "most likely" conclusion, though I still have an urge to go "full send" and get it looking like it did when I bought it. I use these pic as example, you can clearly see the difference.

I did not buy this as a "beater" truck. I bought it as a perfect condition, unicorn, really good shape, not a show truck but a well-kept Florida one.. this is different than it is now. It was mentioned that it comes to a personal choice, yes. Well. If I can spend the money and get work done to make it look like it did, then there is no harm no foul...

Name:  boReStp.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  930.9 KB
Name:  1DRL7R5.jpg
Size:  535.2 KB

Fast forward to now:
Name:  KGnGnnM.jpg
Size:  984.3 KB

In short: If I can make it 82 KID again, then... fine.

If not.. hey. Did two burnouts to test brake booster. Feels good. Intake popped off once, the K&N.. Will get that clamp as tight as I can and go from there.

Next repair up: Cruise control.

Total in this truck:

Purchase: $800
(Seller got $650. NJ got $150 taxes and tags)
Then starter died.. Christmas week. $300
Tow cost $200
Ubers to and from cost about $150, we are talking 50 miles in EWR area.
Then I destroyed the engine out of boredom.
New engine (98 Astro. They said they had a Blazer engine. They lied) cost $700
Engine R&R: Took more than a month and cost $1440. We all surely know about the old, broken intake in two pieces on top when I got it back .....
82 KID plates stolen when it was in the lot outside, which was a waste of $50 and then all MVC offices closed. Still are closed.

And, upon getting it back, it then got hit in the side.

Brake booster today: $450.

I dont know what to do, except find two doors same paint condition and color and then get a wash and wax.

Old 04-17-2020, 02:12 AM
Mods is on a distinguished road

Thats a pretty rough run of things. All i've got to say is it pays to know a guy that knows a guy. when my truck fused a rod bearing to the crank it cost a grand total of 700 dollars including all labour and the tow. granted that was 10 years ago before i even owned it but still.

Old 04-17-2020, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mods
Thats a pretty rough run of things. All i've got to say is it pays to know a guy that knows a guy. when my truck fused a rod bearing to the crank it cost a grand total of 700 dollars including all labour and the tow. granted that was 10 years ago before i even owned it but still.
Yes. Needing another engine when the one in it was perfectly fine? All my fault. The other stuff? No. (And even then, maybe getting the intake straight before I pushed the old engine to the point of rod knock.. no, we are at where we are at.)

So. It looks like "I am in this truck." The very worst of it is that passenger front door.

If the one in Walnutport st M&R Auto Sales truly is a "Grade A" part and looks the same.. It is going on, then the truck pretty much just has to get detailed. I am taking closer look at the door.. might even be able to be straightened. The door has 100% of its functionality.

Why give up on it now, still mad it needs body work but it seems it can be repaired. I may even take it to Boulevard Automotive in Bayonne NJ.. known for good work. I'll update that in the door thread...

Tough run? Indeed.

(by the way. The pic where it is the wrong way on the street.. is because it got just about literally dumped off the tow truck because it wouldnt start. It is as cold at work today as it was that day.. December 22nd. We speculate the starter died because this was indeed a Florida truck. So it has many new parts now. And a mechanic that seems to know an S10/4.3 well.. that has a 95 and seems to know the 96s and up as well, having right next to mine.. a 97. It's all about that door.. I will go pretty far to get one same color and condition and worry about matching waxes rather than paint .)

It still stalled at me at a light.. it doesn't SURGE though. Weird..

Last edited by 93S10TahoeLT; 04-17-2020 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:36 AM
Billy1820 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 93S10TahoeLT

Anyone... What’s wrong with this picture?

Old 04-17-2020, 01:47 PM

Okay so I just woke up and went outside and looked at it.

I loosened the clamps
And made it go from this..

Name:  b1Y85vz.jpg
Size:  953.1 KB

...to this.

Name:  u7w8vi3.jpg
Size:  1.04 MB

Let's see how this feels tonight.

Old 04-17-2020, 02:19 PM
Billy1820 is on a distinguished road

...and it will keep happening

Hmm... no answer to my query yet??? Anyone???

Old 04-17-2020, 02:54 PM

So far, I feel just the slightest bit of hesitation at lights when I am coming to it it feels like it cuts out just before I come to a stop. (A full stop) And then sometimes when I step on the gas there's a little bit of hesitation as well before it goes like normal. This does not happen all of the time but.. am attentive to it.

If there is some kind of issue with the setup aside from having the K&N hat on the factory air filter then please let me know...

EDIT: K&N "hat" popped off again.

I wonder if just putting a factory one on there is the answer....

Just cleared P0171 and p0174.

Given the opportunity that it keeps seeming to want to pop off , at least ththe throttle plate will be all nice and clean.

Name:  87RRQU7.jpg
Size:  867.7 KB
(it appeared that the rest of the tubing.. air filter, MAF, tubes, were too heavy and kept pulling it off so.. it is in various states of disassembly now. Seems pepper with the K&N on it already.)
Peppier, not pepper.

Last edited by 93S10TahoeLT; 04-18-2020 at 12:29 AM.

Quick Reply: I got the Blazer back. If I can get the IAT to stay on I should be golden. Astro....