Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Leakin and It's driving me nuts!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Starting Member
JustJerry is on a distinguished road

I dislike it when Auto Zone will not you go to a link for a part someone has posted. I tried clicking on it, & copy & paste, neither one of them would let me see the part that Little Roober posted the link for.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JustJerry
I dislike it when Auto Zone will not you go to a link for a part someone has posted. I tried clicking on it, & copy & paste, neither one of them would let me see the part that Little Roober posted the link for.
Sorry. Probably because I was signed into my account.

Part #: MS98002T

Old 10-29-2011, 01:55 PM

UPDATE:
Been working about 18 hours on this so far. I've had the lower intake out, cleaned and back in. Got new plug wires in (just now) and valve cover grommets and seals are done. Basically just assembly time now. The fun parts were definitely distributor, weathered hoses and fuel lines. I also found a LOT of pitting on the lower intake. It took 5 hours just to get all the corrosion off (600, 1000 and 2000 grit paper) and one coolant passage was blocked off 90%. The distributor cap and rotor were both badly corroded and I'm glad I planned on replacing them from the start.

It's coming along slowly but surely though. Warthog- that how-to saved me. There's no way I could have done all this without it. Thanks a lot. Pics to follow when I stop bleeding all over my keyboard.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Beginning Member
BlakWidow is on a distinguished road

I had this same problem, but it turns out my water pump was coming apart and it was squirting anti freeze on the front of the intake making me think it was the intake gasket. Good thing it was just the water pump

Old 10-29-2011, 03:26 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

not looking forward to this.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:59 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

glad to help.
i bet when your done your ride will feel better then it has in a long time.
if i were closer i probably could have come give ya a hand.

its not that bad of a job, just intense....hardest part is making sure you label everything and dont forget what goes where.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
glad to help.
i bet when your done your ride will feel better then it has in a long time.
if i were closer i probably could have come give ya a hand.

its not that bad of a job, just intense....hardest part is making sure you label everything and dont forget what goes where.
I've only had it the last 4k miles so I really can't wait to see how well it drives. It wasn't really taken care of before I got it. If it was broken, it would be fixed, but not very much on the maintenance end.

There were quite a few times I wished i had 3 hands

And yea..since it's been a few days since I started I keep forgetting what order this all has to go in and some little connectors here and there. I'm glad i had the masking tape and sharpie ready though. Helped a lot.

ChevyDude- All I can say is, at least you know what youre getting into. I bit off a little more than I thought I could chew, but so far it's going pretty smooth.

Re-UPDATE:

Plenum and throttle installed. Dizzy and fuel lines are in. Connecting spark plug wires and small odds n ends.