Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Let see how many things can go wrong!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Remove and reattach your ground wire to your battery and see if that solves the issue. Sometimes a loose ground cable will cause that issue. If you still have the same issue, get the alternator tested.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

ok, will do, thank you!

Old 08-30-2010, 04:44 PM
gotblazer is on a distinguished road

I got a 2000 and the leaks you have look familiar. I cleaned the (oil cooler lines) clean and where the rubber gets crimped onto the metal tube, it was leaking. easy fix... now i got a leak behind the oil filter housing that bolts on the block(O-ring and a gasket) Mechanics said the cooling lines and the o-ring go out ofter.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Starting Member
Senshi09 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BresBlazy
HA HA, yes! Im smackin myself too!
I did look at the wires in the door, nothin.
I also opened the skid plate, I took pics just have not uploaded them yet, its not lookin good under there... maybe oilfilter leaking, ARG.
Yeah Ima take it over to auto zone after work and have them check the alt...

Thanks for hangin in with me
I will let you know what I find out...my poor baby.
My underside is coated in oil and grease to, so youre not alone. I haven't taken the time to check my filter yet because im afraid it could be my seal leaking

The grease I noticed last weekend and i know where that coming from, it could be coming from your cv joint. check to see if you have that clamp on it or not. I know mine dont because I just changed the ball joint (thats a freaking pain in the ***!!) on the driver side and seen that my joint aint got the big clamp, but i can't put a new one on unless i rip out the tierods and **** thats in the way.

So the grease could just be from the cv joint (if you don't have that big clamp on it) and the oil could be from the seal whichever it is called, or loose filter. good luck. hope its just a simple loose filter though.

the engine jerk could be a simple misfire in one of the plugs or the coil perhaps.

Have you tried plugging a code reader into it and seeing which codes it throws out? If you haven't or dont have one, take it to an autozone and ask them to check your codes. They do it free of charge and will tell you the code. Even if the check engine light isn't on, it'll still throw a code for the jerking, at least it should.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Starting Member

ok SOOOO my HUSBAND reconnected my bat yesterday after I cleaned the MAF and guess who didn't tighten it very good!!!!! ARG!!! seems ok now...when I drive it in the morning I will know for sure!

thank you guys....update tomorrow!

Old 08-31-2010, 08:02 AM
croozer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BresBlazy
ok SOOOO my HUSBAND reconnected my bat yesterday after I cleaned the MAF and guess who didn't tighten it very good!!!!! ARG!!! seems ok now...when I drive it in the morning I will know for sure!

thank you guys....update tomorrow!
That is how we all learn! Do not beat on your husband to much. Ha ha
I hope the fix was as easy as that.

nj4x4blaze had a good suggestion on checking the connection.

Last edited by croozer; 08-31-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:34 AM
Starting Member

LOL He dropped the bits for the socket wrench into the front head light! and down in the skid plate LOL, had to get those out, well, the flickering and all that stopped but still have the sputtering to worry about, hopefully this weekend I will have that figuered out.

OH also, I was going to order my ac compressor condenser hose but it seems as though Gmpartsdirect.com only sells it WITH the ac compressor.....anyone know were I can get just the hoses and that top bracket with nuts?
thanks.

Last edited by BresBlazy; 08-31-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:20 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about
Old 09-01-2010, 02:02 PM
n7nms is on a distinguished road

One thing I found on my 99 blazer was a problem with dirty switches. MY 4WD went on the fritz and it was just a dirty switch after many hours of pulling my hair out, and same thing for my power mirrors. If you pull the switches out and keep them face down, you can pop off the back with a small screwdriver. Give the contacts a good cleaning with a pencil eraser and finish with contact cleaner. Hope that helps a little

Old 09-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Starting Member

SOOOO, I have been looking on here about how the fuel system works and I think I may be having a fuel pressure issue....a lean condition? because everything I read and whats going on with my truck points me there....pressure drop when exel, loss of power, surging, misfire....hard start when its cold...
It says there that a lean condition can cause a DTC to set...what does that mean? And other than another fuel pressure test and using a scan tool to pressurize the fuel system what do I need to do here?

FYI, its not over heating, if anything its running cool....could this mean a bad sensor? Taking it in in the morning to have the pressure tested.

Last edited by BresBlazy; 09-03-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Let see how many things can go wrong!