Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

monster transmission

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Starting Member
Z71_Guy is on a distinguished road
Default monster transmission

anyone ever use any of their product? I was contemplating buying a level 2 trans from them, or the monster in a box rebuild kit.

any special tools needed for the 700r4 that you absolutely cant get by without?

http://www.eatmyshift.com/

Old 08-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard both sides of the coin from Monster. Some have had them work great and others have had them fail on them.

As far as what you should get to try to do a rebuild yourself, #1 thing I would suggest is to get someone who is experienced in that transmission to help you. #2 - Get the ATSG manual for the 700R4 and find a rebuild video that walks you through the steps.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:24 AM
TZFBird is on a distinguished road

I've rebuilt a 700R4 and 4L60E with this home-made spring compressor setup, as well as an arbor press(or drill press if you have one around, it doesn't require much force) for compressing the forward clutch pack springs. Other than that you'll only need general hand tools. The only things I have yet to fabricate are bushing drivers and nylon seal expanders/shrinkers. The nylon seals are usually good, but bushings should definately be checked.

The transmission snap ring pliars are probably the best specialty tool I own, well worth the $20.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

For the seals, get some sheets of thin mylar. Cut it to size so it doesn't overlap a lot at each of the seal locations and slip that around the shaft before you drop the various components together. The mylar will smooth the transition over sharp edges.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:30 AM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

im curious about there transmissions and products too