Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Is my 3rd gear gone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:09 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Is my 3rd gear gone?

ORIGINAL: Cavalier z24

lol i was not getting mad at all there lol
Did I say anything about you being mad? You were being pretty impatient though. If you want free help, it pays to be patient.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Holy crap man, calm down there!!! You are getting free advice here. If you want it on your time line, open up your wallet and pay a shop. Or else, be patient and we will get back to you on our time.

What are you really expecting to get out of this discussion?

Now, what does the fluid look like? Smell like? Is it full? When was the last time it was serviced?

As I said in my previous post, this could be internal damage to the clutches/bands or it could be a solenoid problem.

Here is the checks/causes listing for the "No 2-3 Shift or 2-3 Shift Slips, Rough, or Hunting":

No I was saying it as if everyone was reading but not sure what to say, so i was kinda saying that any thought would be great so they would no that i did not care on any answer that i was even looking for opinions, Because i have been looking in other forums and had maybe a wrong answer or thought but did not say it because i did not want to confuse any one, So that's why i said any thoughts are great Your statement with "the calm down there" Seemed like you was suggesting that i was mad From not getting a reply. So there for like i said i was just letting people know that even unsure reasons or opinions was OK, And i was being patent my previous post bore that was 10 hours before hand,

Anyways i am getting the tranny replace with a used one from a salvage yard any ideas?

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

Oh btw swartlkk that chart is a helpful thing to have ill keep a copy of that thanks

Old 02-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

Oh btw swartlkk that chart is a helpful thing to have ill keep a copy of that thanks

Old 02-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Any ideas on what? Ideas on replacing the transmission with a junkyard one as in how to do it? Or do you want opinions on replacing your transmission with a junkyard piece?

BTW, use the EDIT feature instead of violating the rules of the forum by posting consecutively.

My response that you quoted was to your "So no body can help me?" post which was a mere 10 hours after your previous post. That statement right there makes anyone want to spend their free time to give you equally free advice. No one here is paid so I will repeat, calm down and WAIT for someone to respond. If you have anything to add, EDIT your post. If, after 24 hours or more, no one has responded, you may "bump" your post, but you may want to choose something a little less insisting as "So nobody can help me?".