Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Need advice plz

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Beginning Member
Slim6969 is on a distinguished road
Default Need advice plz

so long story short I was driving home from work yesterday (5min from home ) and noticed a lot of smoke coming from the engine bay. I pulled over and popped the hood and seen my trans line came uncliped from the rad and there was trans fluid all over. I parked it and walked to the store and bought 2l of fluid put it in drive it home and topped it up there. Now when I Matt it it sounds like the engine Boggs down if I let my foot up and put it down again it will kick down but still bogg out am I in for a trans ?
I also cut the lip off the disk in the throttle body to so not sure if its getting more air then gas now ?? The trans seems to shift fine when driving like a normal person would at the same time if I rev the engine in park it does not bogg down And seems to run fine

Old 02-07-2017, 07:33 PM
Beginning Member
Slim6969 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Slim6969
so long story short I was driving home from work yesterday (5min from home ) and noticed a lot of smoke coming from the engine bay. I pulled over and popped the hood and seen my trans line came uncliped from the rad and there was trans fluid all over. I parked it and walked to the store and bought 2l of fluid put it in drive it home and topped it up there. Now when I Matt it it sounds like the engine Boggs down if I let my foot up and put it down again it will kick down but still bogg out am I in for a trans ?
I also cut the lip off the disk in the throttle body to so not sure if its getting more air then gas now ?? The trans seems to shift fine when driving like a normal person would at the same time if I rev the engine in park it does not bogg down And seems to run fine

is there away to test the mas ?

Old 02-10-2017, 07:42 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

I don't think people are understanding your problem or questions. I know that I don't. Please have another go at explaining your problem, be more specific, and get rid of your abreviations. It's not making much sense. sorry.

What is matting your vehicle?
What is a mas? Mass air flow? If so it is a MAF sensor.
Why did you cut the lip off of anything in your throttle body. Did your problem start after this was done or after your trans lost fluid?
Why did your line come unclipped from the radiator? Has work been done where the radiator was disconnected recently?

As I understand it you just don't like your full throttle performance? Otherwise it shifts and runs OK?

Last edited by LesMyer; 02-10-2017 at 07:51 AM.