Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Need help before I shoot it

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Starting Member
DraconicSkyh is on a distinguished road
Default Need help before I shoot it

Im a single momma of 2 teenagers. bought a used blazer and since day 1 from dealership its been a nightmare. First it was fuel pump (which they replaced now gas gauge doesnt work), then it was coil and a ton of other things, needs rotor work, etc.. NOW.. the oil gauge is fluctuating badly on idle, going to mid point and a bit beyond when driving and giving it gas. Theres a steady beep happening during all of this that doesnt just shut off. Im about to shoot the beast cause this is too much stress.. what would cause this and how hard is it to fix, and is it costly. If its not worth it they can have it back.. Please help...

Old 05-24-2010, 06:06 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

First off, what are you driving (year, auto or standard transmission, 2WD or 4WD).

Old 05-25-2010, 02:47 AM
Starting Member
DraconicSkyh is on a distinguished road

sorry... its a 1997 Chevy S10 Blazer, 4door 4x4 automatic. Aside of a beat up mercedes Ive never had a vehicle that had so many things going wrong with it at one time.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Beginning Member
jimdian is an unknown quantity at this point

Get rid of it. Give it back to them. They are fun to drive and look cool as hell but just my 2 cents mom and It's going to nickle and dime you worse than your teens mom.LOL

Old 05-25-2010, 10:02 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

You're still leaving us mostly in the dark concerning your problems. If you could narrow it down and give details concerning specifc issues it would help.
What needs prompted the purchase of your truck? Was it bought for a specific reason or on price point? How knowledgeable and comfortable are you at working on vehicles? The point being that I suspect it may not have been the most appropriate purchase for your situation.