Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

the new guy

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Starting Member
69Blazin96 is on a distinguished road
Default the new guy

i recently purchesed a 1996 s-10 4dr 4x4blazer gray or silver from a older ladie and have redone the intrior (cause it was nasty), i have redone the suspension. ball joints, tie rods idler/pitman arms shocks and new tires. oil change and filter/fluid on trans i only bought this cause the motor was quite and smooth at 199000 miles and thought it was well worth it cause body is excelent and evrything works even the horn lol after all this i drove it around town for a couple of days and everything ran smooth then i drove it about 40 miles away and the motor is knocking bad in the lower end i had to drive it home that way and still oil is clean and has good pressure. but it sounds horrible. PLEASE HELP Dont know what to do either junk it part it out or replace the motor. a guy was quick to sell me a motor with110000 mile for $400 is that a good deal or togood to be true?

Old 08-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moving to Engine & Transmission* - The New Member Area is for new member introductions only. Please create a new introduction thread if you so desire.

If the bottom end is knocking as badly as you describe, then you have likely lost a rod bearing. Without knowing the history, it is likely that a LIM gasket failure threw coolant into the oil and severely shortened the life of the bearings. The problem with the LIM gaskets could have been corrected and then the vehicle sold.

How many miles are on the engine?