Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

New here, few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 09:18 AM
importsky22 is on a distinguished road
Default New here, few questions.

Hello everybody!

Let me start of by saying the blazer i will be reporting on is my g/f's. But since we live together, its my baby too.

We have a 2000 S10 blazer 4.3l 2WD.

Tranny was just recently rebuilt at about...195kmiles maybe?

I have 2 questions.

1) It has just recently reached 209k miles. I would like to know the life expectancy on this baby. Even tho the odomoter says that. i feel that the engine has been replaced at somepoint, the engine is just too pretty for that many miles. And it has no problems. How can i find out if it has be replaced or rrebuilt.

2) There is a loud noise coming from under the truck upon acelleration, the noise mimicks that of what the engine/tranny is doing. Example, when the engine shifts, the sound stops, then comes back. This leads me to belive that this is an exsaust leak.

Any input?

Thanks a bunch guys!

Old 05-23-2009, 11:30 AM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome.

As far as an engine replacement..you could look up the serial number on the engine and find some info on it from there. As far as if it was rebuilt..how long have you had it? Where'd you get it? Freeze plugs may be a different color?(guess). Depending on where it got done some shops put a sticker under the hood.

What kind of noise?

Old 05-27-2009, 06:40 PM
importsky22 is on a distinguished road

Well i looked at the seriel number and it looks like it is probably the original motor. Nothing to tell me otherwise.

And the noise that i am refering to is a rumbling from the exasust, its...semi-consistant upon acceleration. But i am assumign it has to do with the exsaust system, i just might change that one day. Once i get all the major work done

Im glad to be here, and you folks will deffintly be hearing more from me as i learn about the truck

Old 05-27-2009, 07:12 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum!