Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

No Reverse

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Beginning Member
01blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No Reverse

ok, im going to get straight to the point on this one. i wasnt there when it happened and once again I'm not there again. my wife was driving the blazer a while back when i was in korea and she got to where she needed to go; came back to throw it in reverse and NOTHING wouldnt move. they had to push it back and luckily it drives but reverse isnt working. but not sure if there was any other gears that werent working, she said it was just reverse as far as she knows and no signs of failure prior to it crapping out. i think it might just be a shift solenoid but was posting this to get a second opinon to see what yall think My father in law keeps telling me the tranny is junk, yet i find that hard to believe since all other gears work but reverse. i do have mechanical experience i am a vehicle mechanic in the air force and have better knowledge on GMs than anything else

i havent been on in a while and now im going to get the blazer back up and running. my father in law was going to sell it for us and trade the sale for a car for us, but he decided not to sell itor fix the other car to give us and he stole a couple parts off it for his own truck. now i got the exciting process of pieceing it back and then get it running. YAY! i havent had a chance to get to it b/c it was supposed to get sold and i was in korea, bame back for half year to only turn around and go on a deployment after the fact i knocked up my wife and missed out my first kiddo being born and now have to worry bout this for them when i get back... awesome aint it?

anyways this is most likely going to be my wifeys vehicle and would still like to be on here and mod it a bit more; maybe a cowl hood, wheels and interior things. of course intake and exhaust but nothing else to major hopefully she doesnt want me to take off the 4 in drop. but im trying to eventually get my project Dub rolling sometime in my so thats why im not going to do to much to it

Old 11-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: No Reverse

Here is what the book says...

Input Housing Assembly: [ul][*]3-4 Apply ring stuck in applied position[*]Forward clutch not releasing[*]Turbine shaft seals missing, cut or damaged[/ul]Manual Valve Link: [ul][*]Disconnected [/ul]Valve Body Assembly: [ul][*]2-3 Shift valve stuck[*]Manual linkage not adjusted[*]Spacer plate and gaskets incorrect, mispositioned or damaged[*]Lo overrun valve stuck[*]Orificed cup plug restricted, missing or damaged [/ul]Reverse Input Clutch Assembly: [ul][*]Clutch plate worn[*]Reverse input housing and drum assembly cracked at weld[*]Clutch plate retaining ring out of groove[*]Return spring assembly retaining ring out of groove[*]Seals cut or damaged[*]Restricted apply passage[*]Porosity in piston[*]Belleville plate installed incorrectly[*]Excessive clutch plate travel[*]Oversized housing [/ul]Lo & Reverse Clutch: [ul][*]Clutch plates worn[*]Porosity in piston[*]Seals damaged[*]Return spring assembly retaining ring mispositioned[*]Restricted apply passage[/ul]