Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

not egr not fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default not egr not fuel pump

well my truck is still burping and having it's usual ornery symptoms of not liking to sit and idle or going at slow speeds. So i have changed EGR valve, fuel filter, and i stuck my head in my weel well to hear my fuel pump working and it's not fluctuating with my enigne burping problem.....so which of the many sensors should i go dig out?

Old 05-08-2008, 09:42 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: not egr not fuel pump

IAC?

Old 05-09-2008, 10:54 AM
noom14921992 is an unknown quantity at this point

PCV?

Old 05-14-2008, 03:43 PM

well so now this "burping" has escalated now and is stalling about every time i travel under 5mph so whichever sensor is going bad is about to die so which one is easier and cheaper to replace first, PCV or IAC

second i have an oil leak somewheredon't know which side. So were is the most common leaking place for older blazers.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Clarkman325 is an unknown quantity at this point

im sure there both fairly cheap but the pcv is def alot cheaper but not an actauly sensor but does cause a vacuum leak so i would check the hose leading to the pcv for any cracks....do you have a engine light on? if so have you pulled codes, something like this would seem to have some kind of code

Old 05-14-2008, 07:18 PM

checked codes and it gave me an alls good code......i think, i checked it myself by briging the the 2 wires sending it into that code mode were the affected system's light will blink at you like moorse code. but ya no check engine light has come on for quite a long time.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:20 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused by what you mean by 'burping' and why you think it'ssome sensor going bad. Besides the EGR and fuel filter, what else have you tried? I get the feeling that you may have another thread about this problem. If so, it might have been better to just continue on with it.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:53 PM

only thread related to these problems(my other thread was about egr). as for "Burping" rpm get real low then go above idle, it takes only about a second and ssometimes it will die right after this. as for sensors, i have no idea if its a sensor or not. i might pull out a spark plug on it just to check, this truck has sat for a long time and idk maybe something went bad

Old 05-16-2008, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

oil leak, burping.

Pull hte PVC, if it rattles when you shakes it back and forth its still good. "If not, replace it.

Dieing at low rpms is typically a sign of a vacum leak. Check your vacuum hoses.

and like was pointed out in a previous post. Check your PVC hose, it allows engine back pressure (between pistons and oil) to flow out and breath. A leak in the PVC hose will lead to an oil leak and a vacuum leak. By teh way, a vacuum leak nor a plugged PVC will trip a code.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:28 AM

ok so my repair book talks nothing about the pcv besides were it is. but should i be able to pull the pcv with my fingers? it literally just slipped out (with no force at all). but once agian the mechanic that fixed it before i got itcame through agian, cause it was held in by tape and it was covering the end. BTY the pcv looks brand new and rattles

Quick Reply: not egr not fuel pump