Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Oil(S) lost issues,story of my life

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 12:40 PM
mdemers2006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oil(S) lost issues,story of my life

Good day all!

The story of my life,oil's!

Both motor & trans,95 4.3 Blazer S-10.

First of all,I read a lot of old articles on this site regarding Trany oil lost without traces(I have no drips nowhere).I just checked my prestone and its brown.I am betting that the radiator is the cause(after months of scratching my head).The other day,I had a white cloud coming out of the tail pipe,so i floored it, then it was normal.The rad is mixing my liquids & I guess it got mixed up with my eng oil....And of course a couple of days before,the radiator was leaking on the motor oil side(drivers).

Second tought & question,my motor oil.I always need to put fresh oil every ~2 full tanks of gaz,maybe 1/4 pint,100ML maybe,not much.I just noticed some hoses from the filter assembly ,as they appeared to be leaking a little bit.My question is: is they're a way to squezz them(the metal ring),or maybe some thermal "cocking " could seal them.I never worked with those kinds of metal to rubber fittings.

I have a pic but its 387KB (max of 200).

Or Maybe someone had the same issue

Have a nice day!

Mart

Old 08-27-2007, 12:49 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Oil(S) lost issues,story of my life

If your tranny fluid is mixing with your coolant your tranny will stop working, and your tranny fluid would lok like Peptobismal, redish white.

The coolant isbrown becuase of corrosion.

If your oil and coolant mixed it would be gray in color.

Your remote oil cooler lines are leaking, the only repair is replacement. Get the version with 3 crimps instead of the 2 crimps.

As for your tranny fluid disapearing, you need to find out where its going. How much are you losing and how fast. You say it's not leaking out anywhere then it could be going into your t-case. Take out the fill plug and see how much comes out. How much?

Old 08-27-2007, 06:05 PM

Darn...I hope I am mistaking by removing the Tranny plug instead of the Transfer case cause man! It was pooringTrany oil from the case!!!Sniff....

Whats next??? What do I need to do here?Change a seal?

My chilton does not say much about the T-case[>:]

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

To be sure its the t-case(I know it is but...) here's some pics & also of the oil color...

Thanks for your help!

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

I have about 3 1/2 maybe 4 litres that came out.I have uploaded the pics but I cannot see them?!?

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Combining Consecutive Posts - Please use the edit function to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please PM me. Thanks!

Old 08-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you pulled the upper plug on the back of the t-case, then you have a faulty rear seal on the back of the transmission. This will require the removal of the transfer case to repair.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:08 AM

I was not the upper but the lower plug(drain plug).Alroght then,it will keep me busy .I'll change the seals.

Thanks for your time guy's!

Old 08-28-2007, 07:22 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Wait... You pulled the lower plug and you got 4qts of fluid out... Well, the factory fill is roughly 2-1/2 qts on your transfer case so that is still too much.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:38 AM

INdeed.

I am wondering,is it not trans. oil thats lubricates the case or Is it some kind of special Lub?I always had 2wd's,except for my first car that was a Eagle AMC 4x4,but then the t-case was dead so I never gotten the chance to see..

Old 08-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Administrator

In the older transfer cases, it was just tranny fluid, but the newer ones have GM Autotrak II fluid in them. If you do not have the Auto4wd option (don't know if that was available in '95), then you probably can get by with transmission fluid or atleast it wouldn't hurt anything that it was in there.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:24 PM

Alright,so what im I suppose to say at my parts store? gimme a Front seal for the t-case?

What parts do I need please

Its no big deal taking off the drive shafts,I'll try it myself....

Thanks again! You guy's rock man!

Old 08-29-2007, 02:17 PM
Administrator

You need the transmission output seal. It's between the transmission and the transfercase, but is mounted to the transmission.

Quick Reply: Oil(S) lost issues,story of my life