Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Oil(S) lost issues,story of my life

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 07:08 PM
mdemers2006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Oil(S) lost issues,story of my life

Hey all!

I need some help here! I am trying to remove the Front Shaft(need to change the t-case seal to tranny).I got the universal joint out without issue ,its hanging(I watched for the caps dropping and letting the needle bearings out)but when I try to pull the shaft out, it won't go!

The only thing moving is somekind of dust boot with a ring....,right after the T-Case,past some king of hub .I have the truck on Neutral.

Its a 95 blazer.

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

Nerver mind..lolll

Just needed a big flat head...My mistake...I have another "smarter" question this time tough

OK, I am ready for the T-case removal.Front shaft is out,cable also+speed sensor.This thing his a big ...!DO I need to take out the rear Shaft also?

Wich bolts do I need to remove? The one located under the crossmember? I need to replace the seal ,since the tranny fluid is getting into my tcase.

My book does not say much(chilton)

Thanks in advance,

Mart

Rear shaft is out.Just need to figure out wich bolt now .lolll .I'll wait until tomorrow PM,if I get no answer,I'll go for it! he ehe h!!! Hope I won't screw up.This job could save me ~450 big smakers$$$

Oh and yea,I'll take some small shots with my phone and make a tutorial .The file will not be bigger than ~1.8mb.I see the bolts,2 on top and the yet to be confirmed.So I think I got it! Anyways I say the admin here should post the Tut. If of course looks fited .

I am just a computer TEch working its way up in Mech's

MartQ

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Merging Threads & Combining Consecutive Posts - Please keep this topic together in one place. Also, please use the edit feature to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please PM me. Thanks!

Old 09-02-2007, 08:26 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Oil(S) lost issues,story of my life

Sorry I missed your posts, been on vacation.

Yes, you remove both the front and rear driveshafts.
Remove the vacuum hoses (three pronged thing under drivers seat, and the single hose on the back of the t-case.
Remove the wiring harness, should have a 10mm bolt holding it in place.
Jack the tranny up off the cross brace, place a board between teh jack and tranny pan. You want the board to span the width of the pan so the weight rests on the sides of the pan and not where the jack makes contact. Remove the nuts holding the tranny to the cross brace, then jack it up.
Remove the cross brace.
Place a jack stand under the tranny, again use a board to span the pan.
Should be 5 bolts holding the t-case to the tranny adapter, remove them. Or it might be easier to remove the adapter from the tranny, should be 4 bolts.
T-case is now free. It weighs roughly 80 pounds. Use a jack or bench press it out.

the new seal goes in the front of the t-case. On a 2wheel drive it goes in the back of teh tranny. On the 4x4 version the seal goes in the t-case. Becuase of this design you will have tranny fluid drain out when you remove the t-case.

Gotta eat, post up if you still have questions.