Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Part No. on the MPI 4.3 Fuel Spider Update?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 11:09 AM
vagnozzi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Part No. on the MPI 4.3 Fuel Spider Update?

I'm not sure how to describe it to the dealership, but I'm told there is a update for a bad fuel spider which is a new unit that is a multi-port fuel injection spider with individual injectors, brackets, gaskets, etc.

This is an update to the common fuel-spider problems on our 4.3 blazer/jimmy/etc...what's the part number? I know this is expensive [>:]

Old 05-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Part No. on the MPI 4.3 Fuel Spider Update?

Here ya go:
Hard Starting....

That thread should have all of the information in it for you with respect to the MFI spider.

I recently installed the updated MFI spider in my truck due to 3 leaky electronic injectors and 4 sticking poppet nozzles on my truck. I believe I paid just over $200 all said and done. Here's a tip, print off the GMPartsDirect.com listing for the spider and take that in with you. Say you need this. They couldn't match their price, but it does get them to come down off of the $300 list this part has.

If/When you install it, let me know. There's a trick to the #3 cylinder.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:29 AM

well, I ordered the part from GMpartsdirect.com, hopefully it comes soon!

Old 05-13-2007, 04:36 PM

Bump for some more info, anything else I should do besides the oil when I put the new fuel spider on? BTW, if you've ordered the fuel spider from gmpartsdirect, how long did it take to come?

Old 11-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I didn't get back to this thread as quickly as I should.

Changing the oil is all that should be required.

On the ordering from GMPD.com, many of my experiences with them have spuratic at best. An EGR valve for my parents car took them 3 months to deliver. A wiper arm for the same car, took them 2 weeks. Their shipping is horrible too. If I could recommend one thing, that would be to talk with the guys at your parts counter. Many times, they can meet or get damn close to the price from GMPD.com and have it in your hands in a matter of days, not weeks.