Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Question on "O" rings for Fuel Injectors 95 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Beginning Member
riverjamie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question on "O" rings for Fuel Injectors 95 Blazer

I have an 95 Blazer, just took off the upper plenum and it looks like the Fuel Pressure Regualtor has been leaking, passenger side completely clean. So I went ahead and clean up the driver side also.Turned on the fuel pump but foundno leaks???So wondering if the popet injectors have to have any "O" rings installed? I can see at the parts sites that list a Fuel Rail O ring kits? Are there any in the holes where the injectors pop in? I couldn't see any, or are they in the main body where all theinjector tubesplug in? All the injectors seem to be clean, but did not test for any pattern. In any case should I full with them? Last but not least I found the EGR port almost completely sealed over (it could have been from removing the upper plenum) so I clean it out good. Any thoughts. Again thank you very for all the great feedback.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Question on "O" rings for Fuel Injectors 95 Blazer

Sounds like you saw a universal o-ring kit. The orings on the CPI spider are in the metering body. If you didn't see any leaks, then you should be good to go, but I suspect there was a reason for removing your plenum...

These engines do seem to have difficulties with carbon buildup in the EGR system. Most often this is from poor quality fuels, but some engines do tend to have higher quantities of buildup inherently and the 4.3L is one of them. I say just clean it up and move on. Unless you are having other troubles that is...

Hope this helps!

Old 09-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Beginning Member
riverjamie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Question on "O" rings for Fuel Injectors 95 Blazer

Yes, I posted earlier this month that my spark plugs looked all fouled only after 1000 miles. I was also having some rough idle problems. While taking the upper plenum off I also found the small vaccum line in rear was falling apart. So I hope after all of this it will run better. I tired turning on the fuel pump a few times and let it stay on for a few minutes but no signs of leaking? I would've thought I would have seen a leak because the FPR side was clean, but nothing? Well going to replace it and fuel filter anyhow. Thank you for all your help.