Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

PCV Vavle Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Beginning Member
tckocher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PCV Vavle Trouble

Okay, this is quick one. I decided to change my PCV valve over the weekend, and when I pulled the old one out from the larger rubber hose that connects the PCV valve to the vacuum line, the rubber tube broke completely. So I was left with an open vaccum line and an unconnectable PCV valve. Well, basically after some electrical tape I've managed to connected them back together. However, it still is a concern of mine to get that rubber connector replaced.

I went to autozone and when I told the guy what my problem was and what I needed he looked at me like I was crazy and showed me a selection of grommets, none of which were what I needed.

What part do I need, and where can I find it? I want to make sure I have proper PCV valve action, its too important for just electrical tape to satisfy my worries.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:57 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough
Default RE: PCV Vavle Trouble

Dealer or junk yard. I have broke mine a couple of times and the last time I got one from the junk yard.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Is it the rubber part that hooks the PCV valve to the vacuum line?? Why not just find the appropriate sized rubber vacuum line...?

Old 04-14-2008, 06:38 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

If its just the rubber hose part, then find the right size rubber vaccum line hose. Otherwise the junkyard would be another good place to look.