Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Removed dash, put back together now car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 05:11 PM
Beginning Member
vital velocity is on a distinguished road
Default Removed dash, put back together now car wont start

98 blazer, had to remove the dash to fix the ac door control, got it all together, now it just cranks and cranks and cranks.....Have verified spark, checked distributor cap looked good....did plugs and wires....still nothing just cranks and cranks and cranks.....does that sound like anything that would be controled by something behind the dash>

Old 07-31-2011, 06:00 PM
Chevy33 is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel Pressure?

Are you hearing the fuel pump running when you first turn the key? If not look to the relay in the glovebox. You can check fuel pump with the red wire near the firewall on the driver side. Jump that to the + terminal on the battery to verify the pump is good. If you can hear the pump running by doing this, it is a bad relay.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:14 PM
Beginning Member

I can hear the pump start to prime when i put the key to the on position, and it does it again when i take it off the on position to off

Old 07-31-2011, 06:20 PM
Beginning Member
iamthesargent has a little shameless behavior in the past

It maybe that passkey feature. Not sure if Blazers have them or not, but its a lead none the less. Double check all your wires and try again.

(For sure you have fuel and power to your engine, but idk if there is any spark)

Old 07-31-2011, 06:40 PM
Beginning Member

I pulled the plugs to test for spark and it has spark as well; whats the passkey feature?

Also put a new batttery in it

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-01-2011 at 11:39 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:18 PM
Chevy33 is on a distinguished road
Default Passkey

Anti-theft With this the vehicle should start but not stay running. Is the theft light flashing?

Old 07-31-2011, 09:25 PM
Beginning Member

The light comes on along with teh abs, then goes off within a few seconds, doesnt flash when i try to start the car

Old 08-01-2011, 03:48 AM
Beginning Member
iamthesargent has a little shameless behavior in the past

It maybe like my Malibu, where we have to wait 10 minutes with the keys in the ON position before it will start (works fine after that). Otherwise the vehicle is not getting fuel (which the PassKey will restrict when it suspects theft is occurring).

Old 08-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Beginning Member

How would I bypass or GT rid of the passkey feature

Old 08-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

As stated previously, the passlock (or passkey as stated above) system will not prevent the engine from starting, but will shut the engine down after 3 seconds of run time. This does not sound like a passlock problem to me.

I'll state the obvious. If it was running before you tore it apart, it has to be something that you messed with. I would go over every electrical connection that was disconnected including the grounds at the firewall. Check over all of the fuses in each glove box with a multimeter set to read conductivity.