Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Repair Manual for a 2000 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Beginning Member
tjmicsak is on a distinguished road
Default Repair Manual for a 2000 Blazer

I picked up the Haynes that covers 195-2004 to use with my 2000 Blazer and was pretty disapointed.
Can anyone tell me where I can get a more year specific manual with a bit more useful details? This book doesn't even referr to the 4wd vacuum switch on the firewall or the vacuum actuater under the battery in thier 4wd system section so I can only guess what other stuff is skimmed over in a seemingly cut and paste attempt to use file info from previous years and models. Years ago these used to be quite good.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:42 AM
SSGuy is on a distinguished road

Yeah i got one for my 95 Impala SS and itīs quite useful. Iīm also planning on picking one up for my Blazer. But not if it isnīt any good...

Old 12-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Haynes/Chiltons/etc are cheap manuals for a reason. If you are really interested in keeping your truck around for a long time and are going to be working on it yourself, put down the money on a Factory Service Manual set. You can sometimes find them used on eBay for less than new from HelmInc.com, but even getting them new isn't bad for what they have in them.

You can also go the route of an online manual from AllDataDIY.com or OnDemand.com (mitchell's).

A search for "repair+manual" should give you some responses similar to this.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Beginning Member
tjmicsak is on a distinguished road

I'm considering a subscription to alldata if anyone can confirm that compared to the FSM the alldata will also provide updated bulletins and other more recent info than the FSM would have at time of print.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The FSM will not have technical service bulletins. For that you need a service such as AllDataDIY, OnDemand, or GM's SI.

I use a combination of the two (online and FSM) for all of my vehicles.