Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

RPM question

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Beginning Member
A/M/G is on a distinguished road

not trying to hijack a thread, what turns the fuel off at 5600 rpm, my truck is doing this intermittently. it will just go to idle, the same thing happens when at high rpms. it drops to idle and will not accel. resets when the key is turned off and restarted.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The only fuel cutoff there is occurs at the speed limiter. And nothing should knock it back to idle until the key is cycled.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Beginning Member
A/M/G is on a distinguished road

Ok speed limiter, my vehicle drops to idle and will not accel until the key is cycled. i know it is a fuel issue. I have a fuel gage in front of the windshield. It drives fine until the fuel pressure drops to 50 psi after releasing the gas pedal and starting to re-accel. The pressure drops to 50 and upon increased throttle pressure drops to 40 psi, bucking-jumping-popping, press to floor it dies. Cycle the key 62 psi, it runs again , starts idles 54-55 psi, accel 58-59 psi, when falls to 50 psi faults again.

Speed limiter, is it a physical switch or part of the computer program?

Could the crank sensor cause this problem.

I have been fighting this for 3 MONTHS.

I have read hours on this forum, tried LOTS of stuff including your fuel diagnosis chart in the DIY section. I am at my witts end.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Well, considering that you have another thread on this topic, lets not drive this one further off its original topic to discuss your vehicular issues. Repost this in your thread.