Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

screws for Intake Rail Hold Down?????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 08:38 PM
kruelblazer is on a distinguished road
Default screws for Intake Rail Hold Down?????????

So recently i been smelling alot of gas the other day it started to puddle up on top of the engine, apon further inspection i found that were the two gas lines go into the top of the engine theres a hold down, Later i was told its the Intake Rail Hold Down, i tried to tighten the screws but they were over tightened by the last owner and had been broke. I have located the part in a junk yard not to far from me, but they wont sell me the screws its part of the intake they say and want to sell me the whole intake. Does anyone know were i could get these screws?

Attached Thumbnails screws for Intake Rail Hold Down?????????-20150328_210940.jpg  
Old 03-28-2015, 09:27 PM
Starting Member
Brian K. Balzer is on a distinguished road
Default Not sure.

However, the first question is going to be if it is for the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer or something else. You might try searching Ebay though.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:30 PM
kruelblazer is on a distinguished road

dont know the name of the screw, and dealer dont have it and i cant find it on ebay thanks

Old 03-29-2015, 09:12 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

The screws are part of the fuel injector assembly. If they were over tightened, the holes in the injector assembly are likely stripped. If that's the case, you'll need a new one.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:28 PM
Starting Member
Default Good point

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
The screws are part of the fuel injector assembly. If they were over tightened, the holes in the injector assembly are likely stripped. If that's the case, you'll need a new one.

I'm not real familiar with them myself. On the off chance that the screws are designed to be softer than the threads of the holes they screw into and you're lucky enough that the holes are good and Only the screws are stripped you might Google search for specialty fastener places near you. Then take one of the screws in with you for a comparison to see if they have them. I had to do that once for a specialty shanked bolt.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:31 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

The injector housing is plastic

Who ever had it apart probably didn't get the washers, o rings and retainers installed in the correct order, and it leaked, so they tried cranking the screws down.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:02 PM
Starting Member
Default Well then...

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
The injector housing is plastic

Who ever had it apart probably didn't get the washers, o rings and retainers installed in the correct order, and it leaked, so they tried cranking the screws down.

it seems someone is the victim of previous mechanic syndrome.