Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Seal transmission dipsticktube

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 02:20 AM
Snakebite60 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by newguy
You can pull the distributor ,just dont turn the shaft at all and you will need to camshaft retard reset
Ok, I will try to get the bolt from underneath, thanks

Old 07-15-2017, 05:50 AM

F*** I hate this vehicle.... to reach the bolt from top is not possible, from underneath the exaustpipes and lines and other stuff make it impossible. I can not even see the bolt..... I have to get an endoscope to find it. $3.00 for the part, and no way to put it in.

Old 07-15-2017, 05:58 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

The only other thing I can think of is to pull the body monut bolt s on that side and jack the body up a bit to give you some room from the bottom

Old 07-17-2017, 08:02 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Snakebite60
F*** I hate this vehicle.... to reach the bolt from top is not possible, from underneath the exaustpipes and lines and other stuff make it impossible. I can not even see the bolt..... I have to get an endoscope to find it. $3.00 for the part, and no way to put it in.
Yeah, It's not easy access, but it can be done with the distributor out and a simple combination wrench - and it's only one bolt. I don't think it is possible to get at this bolt from underneath. At least it wasn't on mine. In the future it would be helpful if you would tell us what year Blazer you are working on. I am assuming a late 1990's - early 2000's second generation Blazer in left hand drive.

I see you have not yet worked on your Blazer much! There are a lot of things like this. FYI there are two other bellhousing bolts that are way more difficult to get out than this one you are speaking about. So my advice is to stop complaining and just do the repair, or pay someone to do it for you. BTW, this bolt is visible from the top on mine.

Last edited by LesMyer; 07-17-2017 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lesmyer
Yeah, It's not easy access, but it can be done with the distributor out and a simple combination wrench - and it's only one bolt. I don't think it is possible to get at this bolt from underneath. At least it wasn't on mine. In the future it would be helpful if you would tell us what year Blazer you are working on. I am assuming a late 1990's - early 2000's second generation Blazer in left hand drive.

I see you have not yet worked on your Blazer much! There are a lot of things like this. FYI there are two other bellhousing bolts that are way more difficult to get out than this one you are speaking about. So my advice is to stop complaining and just do the repair, or pay someone to do it for you. BTW, this bolt is visible from the top on mine.
Thanx, to complain is not the right way. I know a lot of problems when I fixed this car. Believe it, not only a few times. Waterpump, alternator, tie rod ends, transmission sensors, fuel pump and s.o. where the parts for this year so far. And by the way, when the OBD told me to change the tranmission sensors, the mistake was a broken cable to the ignition switch. So I know the little adventures on this car. It is a 1999 model, and it creats only problems, that are not easy to fix. The costs for the parts are ok, but like on other cars a quick repair is most of the time impossible. I think you know what I talk about. So I don't need comments like pay s.o. to fix it. I am here in Germany, we have very good mechanics, but if they see the Blazer, the tell me to fix it self. The call it a Bastelbude. This is hard to translate, maybe I try it later.
And no, I can not see the bolt from top, I got a endoscope and found it. I need to reach to it from underneath, using a camara. I try to post some pictures. Hope that nobody else will have this problem.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:55 PM

Fixed. The way is from top, remove the distributor, remove the heating hoses and donīt have to big hands. This was no fun, but now it is running again.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:31 PM
Transman304 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the update and glad you got it taken care of. Good job!