Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Seized motor couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Beginning Member
shawncullen is on a distinguished road
Default Seized motor couple questions

Okay recently I killed my !994 GMC Jimmy 4dr 4.3 vortec
The lower end won't budge, so I assume that motor is done right?
So I found a 2001 4.3 vortec really cheap my question is will it work in my 1994? If so what will i have to change?
Next question how much is involved in a 350 swap?

thanks for any advice, next time the jimmy rolls I won't let the new 33 12.50's convince me its invincible

Duh its a truck not a submarine!!!!!!!

Old 02-25-2011, 10:48 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

An 01 engine swap is a lot of work as youll have to change out the computers and pretty much everything. To do a swap like that you should get a full running truck so you can swap everything over. Theres a lot of info on 350 swaps into first gens here just search around.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:41 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

are you related to another new member that has a '94 as well?

just askin', 'cause he's been asking the same question.

seriously, unless your truck is in mint condition, and you have quite a bit of fab skills, don't bother.

to save time in rewriting everything over again (although it took awhile to find it..........) read through THIS member's thread, see what all is involved in what you're thinking of doing.

sorry, just noticed that you don't know for sure the engine is seized.

remove your belt, try cranking over the engine now. i had a friend that replaced the engine in his 'Stang 'cause he thought it was seized as well. turned out to be a seized power steering pump.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:35 PM
Beginning Member
shawncullen is on a distinguished road

okay next idea if i buy a 4.3 around the same year as mine and its not a vortec and i put my heads and intake will it be the same and all the wires still plug up?

Old 02-26-2011, 11:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Some parts interchange. A good reference is the article "Rebuilding the 262" by Doug Anderson. It details the changes along the way.