Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

service engine soon light at 80mph+

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 09:16 PM
non blazing 4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default service engine soon light at 80mph+

Today i was driving on an open country road and decides to open my baby up. I stomped it a 55mph and about 5 mins later i hit 80mph+ when my girl friend informed me that my s.e.s light was blinking. Well i left off and when it slowed down the light stoped abd stayed off. I droped my girl friend off at her house and on the they home i hit the same strech of road and hit it again. Same thing. I seems like when i get about 3500k to 4000k in 4th(4 speed auto) the light started blinking. I donw know if it was engine speed or actual speed that set it off. Drove it home and it never came on. Even at 70. Seems it may just be under hard accerlation. Any help on this would be great. Truck runs and drives fine i just dont want to damage it.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: service engine soon light at 80mph+

Blinking SES light == misfire detected. A high speed miss is typically due to a fuel supply issue. When was the last time the fuel filter was changed?

Old 12-18-2007, 09:46 PM

Its got 154k on the clock and i have had it a year. Got it with 146k. Bought it off an old guy. You saying that brings to my attition that in the morings it sometimes seems like its not getting enough fuel. Do i need to run out and get a fuel filter now or can i wait a little bit. Highschool student low on funds but if a fitler now save something more later i can manage.
Thanks

Old 12-18-2007, 09:49 PM

Fuel filter is on the frame rail under the drivers seat correct.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Location is correct. The filter isn't all that much coin. You will want to get under there now though and inspect the threaded connection. You will want to soak it good with some penetrating oil before attempting to remove it.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:58 AM
dantown92801@hotmail is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: service engine soon light

sorry, started my own thread...

Old 12-21-2007, 06:09 PM

Yesterday me and my buddy were driving around and i was telling him about my ses light blinking and before i could end the story my light came on and stayed on. It was raining all day yesterday so i had to wait till today and ran it up to autozone. Asked them to scan it and they pluged it in and nothing was happening. To it to discount auto and the same thing happen. Does anyone know way they cant get the code out of my 2001 blazer. About to drive a good distanct before christmas and would like to clean this up. Thanks

Old 12-21-2007, 07:24 PM
GerryRig is an unknown quantity at this point

Drive slower....sorry had to say it.

Change that fuel filter and through in some Chevron fuel cleanser.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Administrator

Only explanation is they are dumb... If the light is on, there are codes present. It is possible that it is a manufacturer specific code, but even generic code readers can pick up a manufacturer specific code. The generic ones just won't be able to tell you what the code means.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:30 AM

My light was on and they plug it into the plug under the dash and he said nothing was coming up. No codes at all. Happed at autozone and discount auto.

Quick Reply: service engine soon light at 80mph+