Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Simple transmission question on a 93 S10 Blazer 2 wheel drive!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 09:37 PM
Beginning Member
Matt Evan Cinquini is on a distinguished road
Default Simple transmission question on a 93 S10 Blazer 2 wheel drive!

Okay so I know that the tranny fluid is burnt and I have no idea when the last time someone changed it, would anyone recommend doing a pan drop and filter replacement? I’ve heard that doing this is okay as long as I don’t flush the system out

Old 05-14-2019, 11:55 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

Burnt fluid you may have troubles headed your way - but if your not slipping already a pan drop shouldn't hurt anything - But do NOT do a flush and I repeat do NOT do a flush .....

Old 05-15-2019, 07:29 PM
Beginning Member

Burnt fluid you may have troubles headed your way - but if your not slipping already a pan drop shouldn't hurt anything - But do NOT do a flush and I repeat do NOT do a flush ....

Would you consider it slipping when it is in drive and doesn’t want to take off in drive but only if you shift it down to lower gears and then shift back into drive? That’s what it’s been doing on and off. Reverse works and every gear. Drive and over drive work but sometimes it’ll just like not catch on during acceleration....and only catches on in low gear

Old 05-15-2019, 07:36 PM
Beginning Member

Also I just realized I posted the same convo basically a while ago, just got mixed answers and that I really can’t tell if I have that TV transmission cable or not. It could be a cable related issue but I have no idea

Old 05-15-2019, 07:59 PM

Well it's def not right.
Does the shifter line up with the gear settings as in park is park neutral is neutral ect or off a little at times.
If it isn't right all the time check for wear in linkages.
If everything lines up there may be a blockage in the valve body, clutch pack wear ect. do the pan drop and filter change.
Only replace the amount of fluid that is removed with pan and do not under or over fill the transmission. If your lucky it may help the problem.
As funky as it sounds a worn clutch pack needs the little bit of grit in the fluid to help them from slipping

Old 05-15-2019, 08:21 PM

TV cable

Originally Posted by Matt Evan Cinquini
Also I just realized I posted the same convo basically a while ago, just got mixed answers and that I really can’t tell if I have that TV transmission cable or not. It could be a cable related issue but I have no idea
My toys running gear was a 92 so it's a 7004R and it has a TV cable - But every thing I find for a 93 it's a transversion year so if that's right you have a 4l60E and with them there is no TV cable everything is computer control ....

Last edited by odat; 05-15-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:47 AM
Beginning Member

Well it's def not right.
Does the shifter line up with the gear settings as in park is park neutral is neutral ect or off a little at times.
If it isn't right all the time check for wear in linkages.
If everything lines up there may be a blockage in the valve body, clutch pack wear ect. do the pan drop and filter change.
Only replace the amount of fluid that is removed with pan and do not under or over fill the transmission. If your lucky it may help the problem.
As funky as it sounds a worn clutch pack needs the little bit of grit in the fluid to help them from slipping

The shifter doesn’t line up with the indicators actually. It’s a bit off on each one. That could be a problem. I’ll do the pan drop and filter change soon though! I just wanted to be sure so I don’t mess up this transmission. And is the TV cable located in the engine bay or underneath?

Old 05-16-2019, 01:24 AM

The pic I posted is in the engine bay on the throttle linkage

When you do the pan drop carefully check the linkage for wear and also see if it can be adjusted so it lines up with shifts right - you could be worn or out of adjustment enough that instead of hitting drive you are still part way in neutral

Last edited by odat; 05-16-2019 at 02:23 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:47 PM
Beginning Member

The pic I posted is in the engine bay on the throttle linkage

When you do the pan drop carefully check the linkage for wear and also see if it can be adjusted so it lines up with shifts right - you could be worn or out of adjustment enough that instead of hitting drive you are still part way in neutral

Ill try to see what I can do about that, it does feel like I’m in neutral when I’m in drive until I shift into low gear. Also something strange is that like the first time pulling the trans dip stick out, it’s burnt but then I put it back in a second time and take it out and then it’s all red and not burnt. I’m so confused!!