Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Speed up problem when you push the gas padel

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 06:47 AM
Beginning Member
poertsch is on a distinguished road
Default Speed up problem when you push the gas padel

Hallo to everybody. I try to get any experience about my engine. First i have to tell you that i drive now for 2 month a gas mix with 50% E85 and 50% regular gas 98 octane. Blazer runs perfect and had no problem. So for 2 weeks ago i feel that when i start my baby and i drive that in the low engine speed till to 1300 rpm that he will no come on speed. But over 1300 than he run like a devil as normal.
So i no that E85 has a kind of cleaning function in side of the gas cycle. So i think that my gas filter had to be replaced. Because in German forum of using E85 the told that you have to change twice time more the gas filter because E85 will clean the pipes and the filter can be get closed.

So what else can it be that this problem will come on. That in lower engine speed he will not push out. Gas pump maybe ?

Thanks for your technical answers

Poertsch

Old 09-07-2012, 11:02 AM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

I'm not really familiar with what your using as far as fuel goes. But I would check my fuel pressure just to be safe. Also might want to look at the Mass air flow sensor, throttle position sensor and EGR valve.
Don't forget to try the search button on the main page. There's a good chance someone else had had a similar problem in the past and resolved it here. Good luck!

Old 09-07-2012, 11:20 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Ive been told that if you run e85 on a regular gasoline engine it can clog up the cat-convertor. That'll explain why the loss of power. Go drive it hard for about 15 min tonight when its dark,then while its running look at the cat. Is it glowing? if its glowing any shades of red,bingo.

This is a he said,she said thing. I dont know if what i said is even true. worth a shot looking though right?

Old 09-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Beginning Member
poertsch is on a distinguished road

Hey guys i want to give you an update for my problem.
First of all i was checking my gas filter. And what i was seen there! It was totally full of a kind of black liquid. I was interested how the filter looks inside. Because E85 has a kind of cleaning effect. So i open the filter and he was closed. That kind black liquid was between my finger like black oil gas mix and i is very very strong the get i off my finger skin. So now i recognize about the cleaning effect inside of the gas cycle when you driving E85.
So after i change the filter the chevy runs very perfect. So now i have sometime this problem. My Chevy Drives up to the hill and than i push the gas paddle so now the rpm goes up till to proximity example 3500 - 4000 rpm but he will not get faster. But it takes sometimes about 4 -10 second when he stay in this problem situation ,and than he push like rocket run again perfect. I don't know what this can be because without gas normally the rpm's will not higher up or ? I have now idea what will solve this problem. Because this effect will come on also when i was driving by blazer. Then i park for a time and than i start him again and than i have this problem that he will not take the gas as normal. Can it be that the pressure of the fuel pump will not be correct?

I think i have a crazy car. Thanks for your help.

Poertsch