General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Thank you,Thank you, Thank you

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Beginning Member
BDS_237 is on a distinguished road
Default Thank you,Thank you, Thank you

Thanks to all who post their Chevy Blazer wisdom on here. I have been searching posts for a while concerning different issues that i've been dealing with on my newly aquired used blazer. For the most part I've been able to tackle most jobs on my own with a haynes manual.

Recently though I put new steering box on my blazer and it still had considerable play in it and was very touchy in changing lanes and such. After reading here and there about steering box adjustments I searched deeper and found out about the adjustment nut and screw on the top of the steering gear and how it worked, along with diagrams and explanations. Fantastic - Today, for the first time since buying my 02 2 door, I feel like I have a solid vehicle.

My wife doesn't understand why I enjoy browsing this board, but it's for reasons like this. Hopefully I can be just as helpful in the future with my contributions.

Again, Thank you.
-Sean.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

lol yea this site is great.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:52 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

well BDS, i'm glad you're finding this site helpful.

and it can only get better with having great members helping each other out.

congrats on finally enjoying your new ride.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:05 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Thats funny. My wife asks all the time why I sit in bed posting on here every night when our blazer works fine now. I tell her that someone took the time to help me when I needed help, so I am obligated to give back twice the help that I received. Im a scouts canada leader and a mentor for the 30 kids in my wolf cub pack, and thats the way we work. Our motto is "Do your best, and do a good turn for someone else everyday" I also enjoy reading about the problems that others encounter, and I soak up info like a sponge. My wife plays her facebook games, I learn about blazers and chat in forums.... To each their own.

Steering box adjustments... Brings me back to first year in trade school. I think they call that adjustment you speak of "Over-center mesh" My S10 has the steering box from a camaro with different ratios. I dont ever need to spin the wheel a complete 360 with that box in it. Its got a higher ratio and turns like a racecar.

Last edited by ohsofly; 04-19-2010 at 11:08 PM.