Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

T Case

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 08:55 AM
Bberry20 is on a distinguished road
Default T Case

SO i am so glad to be posting this thread.......NOT. I put my body lift on last weekend and was driving my truck around when i started to hear a nice little clunking noise. It wasnt really bad at first so i went home and started to investigate. After checking my u joints and anything that could be making a noise i found nothing. I got my dad to ride with and he heard it as well. We out the rear end up on stands and thats when all hell broke loose. After reving to about 1500 rpm it went to shift and sounded like she wanted to blow. After turning the front driveshaft next to the t case houseing you could definitley hear something in the case that wasnt right. Off to the shop tomorrow. Not to mention i had the tranny rebuilt about 15k ago. I have put more money into this truck then any vehicle i have ever owned. WHATS GOING ON! Its only money right? lol

Old 08-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Lets start with what you are driving...? Then a little about the transfer case you have.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:48 PM

99 blazer LS. not sure what t case is in it..

Old 08-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There is an identification tag on the back of the t-case which will tell you what the model is.

Since you have narrowed down a year, you either have the 3-button switch in the dash (which is the NP233/NV233) or the 4-button switch in the dash (which is the NP236/NV236)

Old 08-26-2009, 08:04 AM

I have the 4 button on the dash so i am ussuming it would be NP236/NV236. Another question to go along with this i can get the transfer case to shift to nuetral either. Will shift to 4hi/4lo 2 hi and auto 4wd but not nuetral. Anything you could think of there? Maybe i am misunderstood on this but when we jacked it up and put it on stands the front driveline was spinning while in 2 hi? Is that supposed to happen? thought that would only spin if it was in 4 wheel?

Old 08-26-2009, 08:35 AM
Administrator

The NP236/NV236 transfer case has a preloaded clutch pack which will produce a certain amount of drag even when in 2HI.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:51 PM

So i got word from the shop today that my rear end is just about gone not my transfer case, anyone know what the best solution to fix this is. 1400 for the shop to rebuild it or swap axles from a junkyard and hope that it doesnt go south? Anyone know where to find an axle to order? Or just a third member?