Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Tranny issue after maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Starting Member
cr1msonmyst is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tranny issue after maintenance

So i changed my tranny fluid in my 04 blazer today and after about an hour of putting that damn pan back on everything seemed in good shape. I ran it through the gears and checked the fluid levels everything still good so i took it for a test drive. While on the test drive i noticed that the car wasn't shifting into first, in fact it seemed like it was ignoring first altogether. Reverse works fine, i tried running it through the lower gears but it still seems like it doesn't want to go into first. My brother seems to think it may have something to do with the tensioner, or maybe something got jarred loose as we were putting the pan back on, either way not sure. So I was hoping you guys could help me out in some way, thanks in advance!

forgot to mention the engine light came on as well, but i don't have a diagnostics tool so i'll have to check it tomorrow when advance is open.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely let us know what codes come up when you check them.

You likely knocked a wire off of one of the solenoids inside the pan when you were putting it back on.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Starting Member

yeah that sounds like what it is... here's the code

P0758
Shift Solenoid B
Circuit Electrical

so reattaching the wire should fix the problem?
and thanks for the quick reply

also are there any tricks or easier ways to remove/reattach the tranny pan?

Last edited by cr1msonmyst; 03-23-2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: forgot to ask a question
Old 03-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Starting Member

All better! Yeah so apparently i managed to damage one of the two solenoids closest to the engine. picked up a replacement at a nearby chevy dealer and "carefully" reseated the pan... good as new, thanks for the help swartlkk!

Old 03-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Good deal! Glad to help!!